First Impressions Of The Wiz (mine Just Arrived)

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Hi all,

As you know I will be porting our Flash games to the Wiz so they will be available at launch (for free).
My Wiz arrived yesterday, and I have written about some of my first impressions on my blog - pea's pod.

Later I will be posting some video of the Flash Player and some meaningful benchmark results. I'll post those in the forums, but since the above is mostly just impressions, I won't duplicate it in this post.

Good thing it's a beta unit. I hope first impressions of the final Wiz are a little better.

DJWillis said:
If anyone is interested I just posted some thoughts on the pre-release unit I got here.

It doesnt have a USB port? Then how are you connecting it to a PC currently?

Last edited by a moderator:
rahulgarg said:
DJWillis said:
If anyone is interested I just posted some thoughts on the pre-release unit I got here.

It doesnt have a USB port? Then how are you connecting it to a PC currently?

There are USBs on the BoB they gave us, but it's useless for anything right now. Talking to the Wiz over serial and transferring files by popping the SD card, unless they're small enough, then I do them over serial too.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are direct EXT-to-USB cables that you can use to connect to a PC and browse the NAND/SD or charge the battery.

Nice post DJWillis, it didn't occur to me that GPH might want to push the Wiz into the casual games market, at least locally. Interesting theory, that would explain their perseverance to get a good Flash player.

Back