First Run Pandoras - Individually numbered?

bsamm97

Still Fresh
I thought this might be a nice idea: Have the 1st run of Pandora's laser etched showing when it was produced, what # it was (like the 1,324th made) and have "First Run Pandora" or something on it.

Re: First Run Pandoras - Individually numbered

Sorta like SNES have?

That might be hard to do, depending on the factory they're producing it in

Didn't know the SNES had something like that! :eek:

Maybe you should put a question mark o nthe thread title. It seemed like your thread had facts in it :wink:

ashdjones said:
Maybe you should put a question mark o nthe thread title. It seemed like your thread had facts in it :wink:

Fixed!

This might be a nice way for the Pandora folks to make a bit more money. How about this...

+ Give existing pre-orders this option - first come, first served.

+ Charge a few extra bucks for this option - $25? $50?

+ Put those folks at the head of the line ;)

Just thinking out loud here. I'd probably pony up a few more bucks to get the numbering if it was limited to, say, the first 500 units.

Kyosys said:
Sorta like SNES have?

bought an original launch day Super Famicom back in December 1990 for roughly £450 and it was not individually numbered at all, bar the regular serial number which may not have been sequential anyway.

ChairmanNow said:
This might be a nice way for the Pandora folks to make a bit more money. How about this...

Just thinking out loud here. I'd probably pony up a few more bucks to get the numbering if it was limited to, say, the first 500 units.

Tsskk! Fanboyzzz. :lol:
Wanna use them or make relics?
Next thing one might ask Craigx to stand on the assembly line poking his nose, randomly placing bogeys inside the first batch.

MatthewMalone said:
Next thing one might ask Craigx to stand on the assembly line poking his nose, randomly placing bogeys inside the first batch.
Now you're just being silly. He will obviously be required to place an equal number of bogeys in every single unit. It just wouldn't be fair otherwise.

SteveM said:
MatthewMalone said:
Now you're just being silly. He will obviously be required to place an equal number of bogeys in every single unit. It just wouldn't be fair otherwise.

*SteveM on assembly line*

How many nose goblins did the next order want?

Zero? ZERO?!?

I'll just leave him a little something special....

*unzips pants*

SteveM said:
MatthewMalone said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wacko: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You surely know the communitiy better than I do. :lol: :lol: :lol: damn, that was a close coffee spilling.

edit:spelling

sortableturnip said:
*unzips pants*
Not sure what you're getting at with that one, but for a minute there, the phrase "bricking one's Pandora" took on a whole new meaning.

x68000 said:
Kyosys said:
Sorta like SNES have?

bought an original launch day Super Famicom back in December 1990 for roughly £450 and it was not individually numbered at all, bar the regular serial number which may not have been sequential anyway.
That's what I was talking about. Those numbers are the exact same thing, except not really all that exclusive.

SteveM said:
sortableturnip said:
*unzips pants*
Not sure what you're getting at with that one, but for a minute there, the phrase "bricking one's Pandora" took on a whole new meaning.

I left that one open to your imagination, and look where you took it :D :p :wacko:

ChairmanNow said:

You mean... you'd be glad to pay extra to make sure you were in the first 500? The order has already been decided: craigix said they would dispatch based on when the order was placed. So that would scupper that, thankfully as I don't like the monetarist aspect on this.

I don't think that adding a number on the pandora would be feasible right now (unless they already planned this and are going to give us a nice surprise :) ), but some _cheap_ paper certificate with "I preordered pandora #xxxx" would be nice :)

I'm not sure what, but it would be nice to have something extra included with the first batch, kind of a "thank you for having faith in us" type of thing.

a little number saying XXXX/4000 would be really amazing. If pandora grows (and I have no doubt it will), then the first batch users would feel really special :p

Forget_the_Rest said:
I'm not sure what, but it would be nice to have something extra included with the first batch, kind of a "thank you for having faith in us" type of thing.
You're already going to get something extra special in your pre-order delivery: a nice new Pandora. And with no price increases.

Back