[FIXED] My cursor is stuck

Abanest

So I finally made it to Afghan, the main reasoning behind purchasing my Pandora as the ultimate down-time-boredom-killer, and up until now the machine has run like a breeze. The 12 hour flight from Australia went like a flash thanks to the long lasting battery power of the Pandora (I have two spare batteries with me just in case), but sadly the gravy train is now over. As the title says, my cursor is stuck. It's like some invisible hand is forcing my cursor to stick in the top centre of the screen. Manipulating the left nub to move it only ends in failure as the cursor just snaps right back up there. As you can imagine this makes navigating through my menus quite the bloody feat.

My first thought was a problem with the nubs themselves. So, after a long fight trying to guide my way through the menus, I was able to switch movement to my right nub. No change. Same problem. Next step I reinstalled HF6. Nothing. Nadda. My final attempt at self fixing is to completely reflash it, but as I wait out the next 12 hours of downloading time thanks to the painfully slow Army internet, has anyone here encountered this problem before and found a solution I'm not seeing?

I haven't banged my Pandora, dropped, kicked or put it through a washing machine. I just powered it up one evening and there the problem started.

The funny side to this is NOW it chooses to malfunction on me. :p Ha Ha, Thank you, Universe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the screenbezel is snapped out of the clips?

Could be, that it is slightly bent and touches down on the touchscreenlayer permanently.

Maybe the screenbezel is snapped out of the clips?

Could be, that it is slightly bent and touches down on the touchscreenlayer permanently.

I think that might be it, try looking at and angle under the plastic around the screen where the mouse cursor is stuck.

Try moving the mouse around with the stylus. If the bezel (or could even be a tiny grain of sand or something) is touching the screen, then the pointer will appear somewhere between where you touch and the top of the screen.

It's the top middle clip of the Bezel that's probably snapped out.

Pop it back in and your touchscreen will work again :)

WizardStan: That fixed the problem! I was so caught up in the idea that it was a software problem it never occurred to me that something so simple could be the answer. In fact the bit of dirt that was underneath the bezel was so damn obvious to look at I don't know how I missed it haha.

Cheers. :)

Many thanks to everyone else who quickly jumped in with some help - this place rocks.

That seems to be the Openpandora way, we all help when we can! :) (saying that, I contributed absolutely nothing towards fixing this! :unsure: )

those guys are assholes. wont even let some of us who are late to the party help out

EDIT Can this be deleted please, Mods

Back