Flash Games For Wiz

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Hi guys,

I run a game development studio in New Zealand (Pixelthis Mobile). We develop casual games for mobile devices using Flash Lite, and also for PC using Flash. We have recently also released our first iPhone game on the app store :)

I am thinking of porting our games over to the Wiz. *hint* If I was able to get a Wiz *hint* then this would certainly happen :) We would make a good many of them available for free. I would be especially interested if we could have these pre-installed on the unit when it goes on sale (for free of course)!

Our current mobile games:

Rune Mage
A puzzle game in which you move tiles around to form magical pathways. Great manga-style artwork and sound, and our best seller.

Magic Beans
A classic twist on the falling blocks type games like Puyo Puyo (Dr Robotnics Mean Bean Machine in the USA). Form chains of beans, make mega-combos and go for the highscore!

Mr Ice Cream
Serve ice cream to over 30 unique characters over 5 locations around the world (Hawaii, France, Netherlands, Switzerland and China). This game was nominated as one of the top 5 finalists in the 2007 International Mobile Gaming Awards in the 'casual game' category.

Squash the Frog
A cute and addictive one-finger arcade game where you have to bounce off a beach chair and land on a frog to squash it. Start of with Mrs Potts and unlock other characters each with their own characteristics and funny animations.

Christmas Courier
Santa slept in and has to deliver presents to all the children before the sun rises by dropping them down the chimneys as he flies over!

Old Skool
A cool one-finger game similar to cave copter where you have to guide your school of fish through an ever narrowing undersea cave frought with dangers like sharks, oil barrels and mines.

Zonal
A unique retro-styled arcade game with a cool techno sound track. Capture as much of the screen as possible while avoiding a myriad of enemy viruses.

Solitaire Four Seasons Collection
A collection of 10 classic solitaire card games with a control scheme specifically created for mobile devices.

Toggle
Toggle is a fun one or two player (same device) puzzle game. Play head to head or cooperative, or play through the adventure/story mode to rescue the princess from the clutches of the evil tyrant.

1-P Pong
Love pong but got no mates? Play against yourself, you'll win every time :)

What do you guys think?

I would send EvilDragon a PM, I think he can put you in touch with GPH and help you sort something out.

I've followed your GP32 OS-type app with great interest, you're a very good designer and programmer. Are there still hopes for that program btw?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alex - I'll give ED a PM.

GPD (GP Desktop) still occasionally gets the dust blown off it and a few hours spent on it here and there. The main problem is that back then my company consisted of *me* and now it consist of *me and 7 others* and takes up a lot more time!

I am still very interested in GPD and spend some time on it when I can, but I wouldn't hold my breath!

Why are You interested in porting games for free ( as You wrighten they will be free ) , what benefits do You have form it , sory for asking , shuldn't be interested not in my things but just wonder WHY ?? xD xD

Thanks Peter R. I'm talking to GPH now :)

Orange Pumpkin, the reason we would give our games away for free on the Wiz are that we would still get benefits out of it - our logo is on every game, and there is the opportunity to up-sell. For example, if people like the game they are able to purchase it for their mobile phone, or for their iphone or even PC with some of our games. Also, in the future we can also release new games and sequels and people will be more likely to purchase them if they have played our games before (and had fun) and can see that we have a very high quality standard.

I clicked on the link to your site and got sidetracked for a good while playing the rolling Santa game. Good stuff, stuff that I would really like to see on the Wiz. :)

Hi all,

Thanks to the awesome team at GPH, I will be receiving a dev kit for the Wiz shortly.

We will be porting some of our more popular games to the Wiz, which will hopefully then come preinstalled on the Wiz. There are some issues yet with the first version of the Flash player on the Wiz, and GPH have a team working on a new player (Flash 8). Our dev board will have the first (Flash 7) player.

I will update you as things start happening!

Back