Flash Games In Pandora

aliking said:
sindbad said:
[edit] I've only just looked on planet.openmoko.org (rss aggregator) and found out that Adobe is apparently releasing the specification to some (much?) of the player. With time, the open source implementations will get much better.

maybe even better than that...

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/04/...-drops-lic.html

That. Is. Awesome.

I guess it took MS scaring them with Silverlight to make Adobe finally do the smart thing. If they follow through with everything they claim in the Wired article, full flash support (including games) is all but certain for the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Removing restrictions on use of the SWF and FLV/F4V specifications
  • Publishing the device porting layer APIs for Adobe Flash Player
  • Publishing the Adobe Flash® Cast™ protocol and the AMF protocol for robust data services
  • Removing licensing fees – making next major releases of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR for devices free

Looks good to me!

also, as far as youtube videos are concerned, check this out:

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/04/d...-mp4-files.html

my apologies if this is what people were referring to with firefox extensions and whatnot. but it sounded like the previous comments were about reverse engineering the parts of flash that are a wrapper for the videos. obviously this trick only works on youtube, but youtube is, from what i hear, pretty big :D

oh yeah, this is the best youtube video EVAR:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OHZTyfKseZE

sindbad said:
I think it's better not to get your hopes up and just say NO. At least not at release day.

ATM gnash is mostly compatible with flash 7 and has some features from the later ones, but major inconsistencies. Youtube works and some ad flash elements may, but games will have huge issues, as most flash game developers indiscriminately use all the latest features of the flash player.
I think that PSPFlashGaming.com (i think it's .com anyway) would work as well as other Flash gaming sites linked to from the PSPOptimized portal. This is because the PSP uses Flash 6, i would assume then that it would be compatible with gnash IF it has many of Flash 6 features.

Recently gnash seems to have fallen a lot behind swfdec, which works pretty well on my computer (youtube plays perfectly).

Test at your own leisure.

Xmoon said:
What about flash games in pandora?

A simple home page with links to playable flash games or a way to download them can work.

They are a lot out there. An I suppose many can be compatible with pandora. (Some are compatible for PSP, aren't they?)
LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! :pandora2: :pandora1: LINERIDER! :pandora2:

jakshep2 said:
Xmoon said:
What about flash games in pandora?

A simple home page with links to playable flash games or a way to download them can work.

They are a lot out there. An I suppose many can be compatible with pandora. (Some are compatible for PSP, aren't they?)
LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! LINERIDER! :pandora2: :pandora1: LINERIDER! :pandora2:

You can play it now in palm devices. I've done that in Tapwave Zodiac.

Adobe didnt opensource Flash, they just released documentation on the API. Swfdec stated that this wasnt going to decrease development time either but at least sites like youtube work.

It would be awesome to have flash support, I would say a optimized browser with a flash player is the 3rd most important thing to port, 1st=emulators and 2nd=a good media player.
since the 2 first ones are already wip as everyone knows... :) I hope linux developers can hear me, hehehe!

Back