Flash movie player for GP32?

Rambozo

Seeing as how a flash movie player exists for pocketPC, I was wondering about the feasibility of such a project for GP32. The best part of such a program would be that flash movies are very small in size compared to DIVX, so instead of one full length DIVx movie or a few TV episodes, we could hold hundreds of episodes of flash shows like College University, Soft Outer Crust, Beebo, Neurotically Yours, etc.

Thoughts?

There was talk of Gamepark releasing Flash but thatseems to have died a death, like most things that spout from Game Parks mouths.

It would be really cool as Rambozo says, is this possible?

Legally or Technically?

Sure hope so

MrT

AFAIK, Macromedia has open sourced their flash player and file format.
There are standalone flash players around which probably could be ported
for GP32. So no legal issues.

Also technically there shouldn't be too many problems... or does anybody
know about stumbling blocks?

Well... technically Iwouldn;t have thought it was a problem (what with being able to play back flash movies in basically whtever detail you like). I know my pocket PC definitely has a bit of trouble playing movies with big bitmaps in them though (slow), but I wouldn't have thought this would tax the GP32 too much.... (he hopes).

Memory management, I'm sure, is horrid. Flash supports its own scripting language, any number of objects with any size and property, so I'm guessing the Flash source is in C++, and making a C player would be difficult.

If a C player has been done, remember it will surely use malloc() and I'm not sure if that fully works with the GCC devkit.

- Rico

Back