Getting gp32 soon!

BigCrag

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I`ve been browsing this forum for a while now, and have jumped in a orded a gp32, which will arrive in the next few days ( i cant wait......)

I still have a few question!

1. Are there any eproms in the machine that you can write to? - e.g you need a divx player to play divx movies, will i need to copy the player program to each smc that has a movie i want to watch?

2. With regards to the windups - are these just a nice frontend for file launching etc?

3. Do you think anyone will be able to port a version of windows c.e to the gp32?

4. Are there any html viwers or presentation software available - i would like a protable version of a web site but dont want to fork out £1000 on a laptop

5. I really cant wait to get my hand on this little beauty - c64 games on the move mmmmmmm... alsomost as good as beer.......

1) You have to copy the player program to each smc - but don't worry, they are not big
2) Windups is more than a frontend - just take a look on their website
3) No - Win CE is not Open Source and MS would sue everybody who tries to port it
4) No
5) Exactly :D

I saw a really neat GP32 copy of Windows XP, with the background and everything, looks like some proper expensive handheld PC : ) only with tonnes of shortcuts to emulators...

yeah stealth, i saw that! it was on gp32emu.com if im not very much mistaken, its basically just a modded version of windups, ill put it on my gp32 when i get one..

oh, and can you use windups instead of free launcher? to run programs straight off that?

thanx :)

Yes, once you're running wind-ups you don't need to load things through the freelauncher.

However, wind-ups itself is run with the freelauncher.

You can get around this by using one of the custom bios images floating around. Use caution, however...some people have fried their GP32s doing this.

I flashed mine and it went through without a hitch. Much more usable now.

thanks you lot!

i am sure i will have a bucket of questions as soon as my portable plaything arives tomorrow!

Back