Fleshchasmer I: The Eve

I was really surprised with how smooth this plays. I am still amazed. Now you need to have someone correct the translation flaws (maybe I could do a translation to German if you would want me to do it?) and tweak the camera angles a little.

One thing that I am wondering about: Couldn't you make the polygons of the npcs and player characters a little more detailed? They are sometimes hard to even recognize... or is it supposed to be that way? I would imagine that polygon count could be increased a little without really slowing down on the gp2x.

fusion_power said:
Better don't try to sell this game here in germany ;) Even on little swastika in a game let it land on the Index or even worse. The USK and overall the BPjM has absolutely zero sense of humor so better be careful ^^""
I thought it would make more sense that it became popular in Germany and banned in all other countries. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not want to sell this game anywhere. As GBAX finishes i'll release the source code. GP2X Is homebrew platform, nor stupid whorepiece of hardware like...hmm... the cell phone(?)! So every body will have rights to execute the camera operator.

Since I'm working on next chapter with new more detailed 3d engine, I have no spare time for making models more detailed (it is not a pixel-art competition after all).

The game has embedded level editor, AI editor, texture painter, pallete editor. But these feature are disabled in gbax2007 version.
So keep in mind that all of levels and textures was created at gp2x itself.

My own most fleshchasming experience was when I were beta-testing my project without lost joystick cap ( completed the game 1-2 times for each class == 7 hours of gameplay). Believe it - it is nightmare.

Miika said:
fusion_power said:
Better don't try to sell this game here in germany ;) Even on little swastika in a game let it land on the Index or even worse. The USK and overall the BPjM has absolutely zero sense of humor so better be careful ^^""
I thought it would make more sense that it became popular in Germany and banned in all other countries. :p

You should better listen in History Instruction and not in reading Boulevard Magazines ;)

@quasist: somehow, your game saves at the wrong places. After input my name and playing a while, I quit, game saved and after restart and continuing, I again had to input my name, listen the cut-scene and so on. At least, after the "real" start of the game, it should save correctly and not only straight after a Level end.

fusion_power said:
You should better listen in History Instruction and not in reading Boulevard Magazines ;)
Hey it was a joke :p

fusion_power said:
@quasist: somehow, your game saves at the wrong places. After input my name and playing a while, I quit, game saved and after restart and continuing, I again had to input my name, listen the cut-scene and so on. At least, after the "real" start of the game, it should save correctly and not only straight after a Level end.

"This is not a bug - it is a feature!"
If I wanted hear a ton of advises I would put this topic in (Developer's) section of forum. Hate my saves? I will patch the game all the way to player having pernament death like in roguelikes :) solving your save problem.

EDIT:
Sadly I currently have no time to work with FleshChasmer I : The Eve. The version uploaded to GBAX was final.
I had recieved the Cradle just week before deadline, so there is no multiplayer :(

Miika said:
fusion_power said:
Hey it was a joke :p

I noticed that :lol:

quasist said:
"This is not a bug - it is a feature!"
If I wanted hear a ton of advises I would put this topic in (Developer's) section of forum. Hate my saves? I will patch the game all the way to player having pernament death like in roguelikes :) solving your save problem.
No but usualy such games save, after you have named your character (and the game really starts) to prevent for doing this again and again ;) ;) ;)

fusion_power said:
No but usualy such games save, after you have named your character (and the game really starts) to prevent for doing this again and again ;) ;) ;)
First of all my game is complete unusual!
Just think about it like new character after pernamently dead last one.

P.S: It sounds that you have died many times at that third level :) :) :)
P.P.S: And maybe still been killed everytime... :(

I've made it somewhat through the game... I think the beginning is a bit strange until you become the Code 88 character. I don't know if I would have played the game this far if it the dialogue was more polished.

Choppy broken dialect good. Make story interesting. What me happen next? Do not know I.

I quite like the game the way it is, great work. Even the story made sense after I finished it. :p

Here's some helpful tips for those who can't beat it:

When you first begin the game as 'Code 88', try to level under the knight class until you're level 5. Then try to swap between offense and defense magic class all the time. I had no use for hand to hand combat or thievery.

It's best to do a lot of leveling up. Monsters give a lot of valuable items, so you don't have to buy any healing items.
When you gained some levels, make sure no one is around you, then quite the game from the menu. Your game will be saved.

You'll restart from the beginning of the level, but levels aren't that large, and you'll be able to reopen chests again.

The first time you get a level 2 magic spell, keep it for boss monsters, they drain too much of your magic points at that point. Use fire for normal monsters, until you have enough mp to spare.

Right before you're going to fight the last Infidel Whore in the City of Infidels ( :p ), make sure to buy a couple of remedies. She has the tendancy to confuse you. Just keep bashing her with Fire 2 and heal yourself when necessary.

quasist said:
No, I just wanted to quit the game at the 3. level. Because I don't know how many time it takes to the next savepoint at the end of the level. This was the only reason I mentioned the problem with the savepoint. I usualy quit games at the beginning of a new level and not at the End. ^^"""

fusion_power said:
quasist said:
No, I just wanted to quit the game at the 3. level. Because I don't know how many time it takes to the next savepoint at the end of the level. This was the only reason I mentioned the problem with the savepoint. I usualy quit games at the beginning of a new level and not at the End. ^^"""

Just keep picking up some healing items and you will survive much longer. Do not stand on fire! Try avoid to fight more than one enemy at once. Happy luck you completing level 3!

Player position and level never saves.
Evry time you quit alive and with no monsters in sight your character's data will be saved(inventory, skills, stats e.t.c.). I wrote about this feature in readme.txt.

saehn said:
Everytime I see this topic, I think "Eve's Flesh Chasm".
"Teenage Eve's Flesh Chasm"

Just found annoyng and funny bug! :))
The virtual keyboard for character's name was missing "J" and "j" chars.
I'll fix it in a near future.

I liked the game a lot, it feels very finished even with the dialog and grammar. USB Controller support and in-game volume control was really surprising and cool :D . I hope you keep working on this.

Back