For Anyone Who Cares...

I've just implemented an onscreen fps counter (will be available from the next version for anyone who cares) andi n SMW I get a fairly consistant 40fps. I reckon I can get this to at least 50 fps, if not 60 fps over the next few days. Stay tuned :)

Now that you've updated to rylehs libs is this being hardware accelerated yet?

And maybe next you should try implimenting frameskip. its probably the easiest way to bring it up to a playable speed without having to emulate it perfectly. That can come later.

mashing all the buttons on the right side of the 2x exits. (trial and error tho.)
these are the games I've tried so far:

ran:
zombies ate my neighbors (what felt like 80% speed, very smooth)
chrono trigger (more like 60%, tho still playable)

ran badly:
terranigma (strange graphical glitches)

didn't run
tales of phantasia ( this has one of those sdd-1 chips .. or w/e it's called)
super metroid (crashes after "nintendo" just like nk's snes w/ asm core)

thanks Squidge, (this elevates Gp2x to best handheld yet from my point of view)

edited for speling

It's looking great Squidge! My only complaint so far is that the controls don't seem to be mapped correctly. You seem to have mapped the snes buttons to the same lettered buttons on the gp2x, but the gp2x's buttons are in a different order. For example, Y should be where A is, X should be where Y is, B should be where X is, and A should be where B is.

That and when this has sound...this will be great...hmm...turtles...zelda...mario...yoshi...all sorts of goodies...

Hi Squidge
i have one suggestion: while you finish the interface, could you add the feature so that the argument passed from the command line to the file was treated as the rom to load? This way we could use Selector (http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26426 http://www.gp32x.de/?artc=2113) to load any rom we'd like to without having to rename it every time?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It is better for the Gp2x to have a Good version of Snes emus before the Iriver and Xgp out.
...and surely, Snes is one of the key for Gp2x's success.Go Squidge!

It's looking great Squidge! My only complaint so far is that the controls don't seem to be mapped correctly. You seem to have mapped the snes buttons to the same lettered buttons on the gp2x, but the gp2x's buttons are in a different order. For example, Y should be where A is, X should be where Y is, B should be where X is, and A should be where B is.

The knobs bells and whistles like Frame Skip and remappable buttons can come later. For now just let Squidge do the Squidge thing. He really is an amazingly fast coder when he gets going.

I really must start saving for a GP2x now. Would have bought one already but some gits decided to try to steal my Motorcycle just before xmas damaging it to the tune of £253 in bills so far with more cosmetic stuff still to fix up :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back