Forgotten Words For Genesis...weird Problem.

darklight1138

Forgotten Worlds at one time worked on my Wiz. Now when I start the game, as soon as the cinematics are over and the gameplay starts, I get a game over screen. LOL. It's like in the .002 seconds in between the opening and the game my guy dies. I've downloaded different versions and deleted some of the files PicoDrive makes for the game, still no change. I was thinking of reinstalling PicoDrive but didn't know if there is some workaround or something. It's an odd problem I've never seen before.

Forgotten Worlds for MAME freezes up after a few seconds so that's not an option, although I wish it were because it's the best version I've played of the game.

Looks like it's also available for Sega Master System and TurboGrafix CD. I believe there are Wiz emulators for both of those systems, so maybe you can get one of those working.

I've never played that game before, but I've played a few other Genesis games on PicoDrive and had no problems.

Same here. PicoDrive is for me the most reliable emulator out there. And since it worked before I guess some config might have gotten messed up. Reinstalled PicoDrive but no change. Oh well.

Problem solved. Downloaded an older PicoDrive and it works fine. Maybe that's how I had it working before, before I upgraded to 1.8.

darklight1138 said:
Forgotten Worlds at one time worked on my Wiz. Now when I start the game, as soon as the cinematics are over and the gameplay starts, I get a game over screen. LOL. It's like in the .002 seconds in between the opening and the game my guy dies. I've downloaded different versions and deleted some of the files PicoDrive makes for the game, still no change. I was thinking of reinstalling PicoDrive but didn't know if there is some workaround or something. It's an odd problem I've never seen before.

Forgotten Worlds for MAME freezes up after a few seconds so that's not an option, although I wish it were because it's the best version I've played of the game.
You know what's crazy? I own the actual Genesis cart. If you play that game on the Sega Nomad it will do the same thing. It will just go to a "game over" screen. I never understood why. It's one of the few games that will not run on an actual Sega Nomad. Kinda funny it's doing the same thing in PicoDrive. You won't be disappointed in the PC-Engine/Turbo version. It's closer to the arcade with all the levels intact. There is no two player though like the Genesis/MD version. Also there's no parallax scrolling in the Turbo CD version. Still it's the better version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back