Formatting 32mb card for gp32

gspace32

I have an odd problem 32mb card formatted with the SMC formatter displays 128mb of space. Clearly I've done something wrong...

Long shot I know on such an old system, I'm hoping there's still someone out there who knows?

sPaCe x

1712819094741.png

Basically what do I put in here to format a 32mb card correctly?

1712819520908.png

Post automatically merged:

I get that mismatch between properties and disk management :-(

The GP32 cards can't be formatted with windows past XP for some reason, have always used the formatting tool but never had a card under 128mb - for 128mb it works fine :)

it's basically using mkdosfs to format with a gui added

it's basically using mkdosfs to format with a gui added

We are mostly linux users here, so you likely will not get another answer than use linux.
Having cards where the written capacity is different than what the software reports exists a lot. Thats usually not a good sign regarding quality of the card and can also indicate it is broken, however sometimes its legit, sometimes its just exactly what it says and the card has 128mb and 32 written on. Just try using it.

I can use Linux on my raspberry pi, I'll build a card and give it a go! Ty

Thank you for your ideas Normal formatting doesn't seem to work.

In the old days any OS later than win98 would make the card unreadable by the gp32 so now only mkdosfs will make readable formats.

I've just used the weirdly formatted cards and been careful not to go over 30mb for now they are working which is all that counts.

Was always a bit dodgy using the GP32.

Back