Question About Formatting Smc's And Windows Xp

ratx posted on Oct 6 2005 at 09:32 PM said:
Cool. Updated the page accordingly.
Great thanks :)
and sorry for bothering you again but I have updated the gui, now the user can select the "advanced" mode in the program itself :) (so not 2 versions needed).
the link for the newest version remains:
http://poweruser.canisiusinfo.nl/mkdosfs_GUI.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I'm in so over my head.....

What sounds like perfect english to you guys sounds to me like jargon spoken from white lab-coat wearing scientists.

After all this, I'm afraid to even touch my SMC's!!!

Tell me what you're confused about (either here or in pm) and i'll translate it to normal, non-technical, english for you. Basically, you need to download the program mentioned here (can't remember the name) and use it to format your SMC. However, the program doesn't have a graphical interface (if you need me to explain, i will :p ) so aapje89 made a gui (Graphical User Interface) for those of us who aren't as technical (without the interface you would have to use the command line). I hope this helps! :)

so if i've already formatted my SMC in XP does that mean its screwed forever?
cos my GP32 hasnt been workin properly for ages now, it cant seem to load anything up properly so i'm assumin this is whats happened...

duffman posted on Oct 23 2005 at 01:45 PM said:
so if i've already formatted my SMC in XP does that mean its screwed forever?
cos my GP32 hasnt been workin properly for ages now, it cant seem to load anything up properly so i'm assumin this is whats happened...
no, just use my tool and youll be fine

Last edited by a moderator:
Back