Forum Is Nice, But Still Has Some "bugs"

I had told Konqueror to "Use cache whenever possible", it apparently thought I meant, "Don't ever update the cache, ever"
It has a lot of other glitches, but I can't get Flash to work in Firefox.

tl;dr: It is ALL Adobe's fault, somehow.

Peter R posted on May 30 2009 at 10:02 AM) Absolutely everything works fine for me and other people who I know who browse here. This leads me to think these "bugs" are caused by the users themselves ; said:
Well, if you enter an email address and leave it unchanged, and subscribe to a topic with instant email notification, and some days you get notifications for topic replies on those days and other days you don't get notifications for topic replies on those days, I doubt it's user error. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK posted on May 30 2009 at 11:04 AM said:
Have you changed your email address recently?
As I said in my last post, no.

But, as I said in a post before that, things are working OK now. I was just pointing out that there have been problems that were not a result of user error.

I'm grateful for this forum.

Any update as to when the one PM a day limit will be fixed?

This is getting REALLY annoying.

I've sent more than one PM per day - WarmFluffyUK and I have sent several PMs to each other at times recently.

PM.PNG

Dave, I have had a look at your profile and can't see anything odd, but then again us Mods don't have full access to profiles/groups etc. I think you may have to drop Ed or Hando a line.

Dave, I have had a look at your profile and can't see anything odd, but then again us Mods don't have full access to profiles/groups etc. I think you may have to drop Ed or Hando a line.

AAAARRRGH!!

I just tried again and got this message:
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
You cannot send another PM until Jun 5 2009, 05:08 AM

Bug, or forumupgradescrewedyscrew? Hmm:

I had already seen that we have now an option for creating a second blog, but I haven't used it because there seems to be a problem with the forum recognizing our previously created blogs. And just now I was trying to show my blog to some friends and an error showed up saying:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10678] You are not authorised to view this page

So, now guests cannot see my blog... and it was possible before...

I will try creating a new blog and placing my (already backed up) previous entries on it, but I just wanted to report that there is something wrong with the blogs feature. (Or at least the already existing ones)

Back