[Found] Trying to find an arcade game

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
About 20 years ago, I was on holiday abroad, and there was this arcade game that I really enjoyed and have been failing to find it ever since, so I thought I'd finally drop a post to see if somebody can help me identify it.

It was basically an underwater horizontal scrolling shooter, where you controlled a guy with a scuba device like from the link below, which you could lose

http://www.gizmag.com/go/7148/

Anyone have any ideas what it could have been?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sly Spy/Secret Agent, underwater stage ?

15630.jpg

secretagentworld.png

Same engine than DragonNinja.

No, both of them are far to graphically pretty. I'm pretty sure it wasn't that graphically advanced.

This looks super cool. I swear, every year I see games that I never knew existed. I lived in the arcades in my youth, and there are so many rare and unique titles that I never saw or heard of. In Retro Gamer every month, they have "The Unconverted" section of their magazine that covers arcade games that never saw home conversions, and every single month without fail, I'll see a title that's completely new to me. 

This has to be the game TC was looking for right? I can't imagine there's another game like this floating around out there. This looks like Jungle Hunt with Seadoos :p

Chris

^^^^^^^Your not  franko from amiga world.net by any chance?

Nope, not familiar with that individual.   Although I did own an Amiga 2000 when I was a kid, I even had a video toaster.  My first name is really "Frank", but THAT username was already taken, so I decided to go with my secondary/nickname...

^^^^^^^Your not  franko from amiga world.net by any chance?

Nope, not familiar with that individual.   Although I did own an Amiga 2000 when I was a kid, I even had a video toaster.  My first name is really "Frank", but THAT username was already taken, so I decided to go with my secondary/nickname...
Ahh ok no worries. yeah i still have my a500 but its badly in need of a repair/overhaul, one of these days.

For anyone who is interested, this is in Mame4All and works great. I didn't check any other Mames, as this is the only one I have a complete game set for(plus it runs the best).

Chris

For anyone who is interested, this is in Mame4All and works great. I didn't check any other Mames, as this is the only one I have a complete game set for(plus it runs the best).
It works in PanMAME too, and I posted highscore details in case Jeff wants to add it to Compo4All ;)

Back