.fpg Problem

Sed

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi!
Thats my problem:
When I add png or map files into a 8 bit .fpg file, their colors turn into very dark(gray) colors, and when I use 16 bit fpgs , can load them into fenix, but the grafics dont exist.

I use fpg.exe to build fpgs.

Has someone an idea, what I can do, or Do someone know a better programm to build .fpg files?

Use FPG Edit.
Make your FPG with all your grapics in FPG 16Bits (Fenix) mode.
When you are done including all of your graphics, go to upper bar: FPG>Convertir a...>FPG 8Bits (Div2/Fenix/Cdiv)
This will convert your 16bits FPG to a nice 8bits pallete FPG that matches your graph's colours.

Byes

PD: If you use more than one FPG you need to know that all FPG must have same pallete.

By the way... a nice trick:
Say you have your FPG FINISHED and it's about 2500 kb large.
Open FPG Edit and go to upper bar: Utilidades > Compresor para Fenix. Select your FPG and push "Comprimir archivo" button.
This will compress you FPG to something like 90 KB!!!
Warning: In GP32's RAM memory it will still count like 2500 kb but you will save some nice space in your SMC.

Byes

PD: If you edit/add something to a compressed FPG and save, it will save it in not-compressed mode. You need to compress it again.

PD2: My english is awfull... :(

Thanks so much, Hokutoy! You just jump-started my progress by an astounding 700% !!! :D

Back