FPS

PeeZapp

So quick question what is everyone's favourite First person shooter to play on the pandora i have been playing a bit of doom but would like to know what everyone else thinks is the best and what emulator you are using to play it

I like the Quakes, but 1 puts me off because it doesn't save the damned controls!

Hmmm...Quakes. My Pandora should be here soon. Soon as however long it takes to get from Australia to Texas then Texas to Afghanistan. You can be sure I will be playing Quake 2 with the Chaos Mod.

I can play Quake 3 pretty well. Controls are dodgy, but livable.

Yeah but you probably have skills that far surpass mine.

Might give the duke a go on mupen or psx

No, I don't actually. I just adjust to the game. Lowering the nub sensitivity helps, too.
No matter how low I set the sensitivity, as soon as I use my left nub (for moving about), the controls go all funky.

Then don't use the nub. I don't; the D-Pad works just fine.

I like the Quakes, but 1 puts me off because it doesn't save the damned controls!
As far as I know, anything in the working directory on the SD will override whatever is in the .PND, so if the controls are stored in an ASCII-file, couldn't you just solve it that way? (provided someone figures out what the file is, and what to put in it ...)

By the way, in the app-store there is a port of eduke32 (why is this not in the repo ???), maybe somebody can even mange to run WGRealms 2 Siegebreaker with that? I just started playing this on my PC, and if you played Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood, Heretc/Hexen ... you will love this TC!

It may look like a stupid "steal as many textures as you can+add gore" at first glance, but it is actually the best of the above games combined into one package of complete awsomeness :D

Trust me: you do not want to miss this!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's odd Quake 1 controls seem rock solid to me and save, but it's Quake 2 the controls don't save for me.. but it's playable.. Quake 3 controls needs work.

Recently I've been playing a lot of Aleph One: Marathon and plan on slowly getting through the series.

Duke Nukem 3D is really fun too, a lot of tweaking the setting on eDuke32 to get right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've enjoyed some Doom, Hexen and D1x / D2x (though the control is awkward to get a good setup), I want to get back into eduke32 but I need to follow BP's guides for control schemes and nub swapping, though the nub configurator maybe of use here now aswell. The Marathon series are also fun (used to use my Dad's old Mac for those) and perhaps one day, the AVP port attempt will get past the locking up. I find Quake 1 okay on default controls too but haven't tried 2 or 3 yet due to the reported issues.

I wish I could play Goldeneye better with the MUPEN64 plus emulator.

I like third person action games. I have to seen my player for better control with its environment.

Duke Nukem 3D is great on the Pandora, but to controll it whitout problem you have to change the Nubmode that you have the mousemovement on the right nub instead of the left nub, than its a lot fun to play..

I like third person action games. I have to seen my player for better control with its environment.

Really?, I like FPS because I can see more of the environment and not have my character monopolize the majority of my screen.

Turok 1 on mupen runs very well, great to play with n64 controlle rover usb

Well If you want to get technical, my favourite FPS that can TECHNICALLY be played on the pandora is SYSTEM SHOCK. To be honest i havn't yet tested it in DOSBOX, but I'm sure it would kinda be able to run. If Blood can get to the first frame of gameplay perhaps System shock can be played.

System shock was the grandfather of Bioshock, and system shock 2 the father, so if you like these kind of games i recommend system shock.

And Thief 2 my very favourite FPS would run just fine if it wasn't for EA. The leaked source code is available and anyone can just come along and port it to the pandora, but EA would send a cease and disist order in a heart beat.

Back