Freenet For Pandora/Pyra

Hello, free net won't install on my pandora.

When I use the pnd it doesn't work. It will shut down and say, rmdir: failed to remove /mnt/utmp/java Device or resource busy.

I also tried the java installer from the website and that doesn't work either. I get an error message that says, Error executing /bin/chaos a+x /media/jill/freenet/run.sh

Anyone know how to fix either issues?

You'll have to install Java first, Freenet won't run at all without java. Install it from http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=java

If you have problems with it, I suggest you contact the maintainer directly.

Once you manage to run Java apps, try Freenet PND again. If you still have errors, post your pndrun_freenet.out here and I'll try to help.

Hello, free net won't install on my pandora.

When I use the pnd it doesn't work. It will shut down and say, rmdir: failed to remove /mnt/utmp/java Device or resource busy.

I also tried the java installer from the website and that doesn't work either. I get an error message that says, Error executing /bin/chaos a+x /media/jill/freenet/run.sh

Anyone know how to fix either issues?

You'll have to install Java first, Freenet won't run at all without java. Install it from http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=java

If you have problems with it, I suggest you contact the maintainer directly.

Once you manage to run Java apps, try Freenet PND again. If you still have errors, post your pndrun_freenet.out here and I'll try to help.
Hello, I reinstalled java, but this time I picked the Oracle version it gives. Then I redid the freenet pnd and it works :) thanks for making the pnd!

Thanks for the info, I will update PND description.

Did you have those problems with random numbers? If you read the thread you'll see users reporting that Freenet PND takes forever to start.

Also, could you please tell what kind of Pandora you have (classic, rebirth or GHz)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, I will update PND description.

Did you have those problems with random numbers? If you read the thread you'll see users reporting that Freenet PND takes forever to start.

Also, could you please tell what kind of Pandora you have (classic, rebirth or GHz)?
Hello, I initially had a random number problem. I open up random pix and files, and the problem went away. I think the first time I forgot to delete the freenet folder in /mnt/utmp/ since I didn't know one was in there. So before I reinstalled freenet I deleted both the freenet folder in appdata and in /mnt/utmp/ and I stopped having the random number problem.

I have the 1ghz Pandora. Free net is working fine now on it!

Back