From The Unorthodox Ports And Cool Contraptions Department

... Considering how many of us actually own enough Rubik's Cubes and Lego NXT sets to make that even remotely possible, much less worth it.

But it's OpenPandora. Port it if you want. Maybe someone else will help.

lulzfish said:
... Considering how many of us actually own enough Rubik's Cubes and Lego NXT sets to make that even remotely possible, much less worth it.

But it's OpenPandora. Port it if you want. Maybe someone else will help.

You DON'T have a LEGO NXT!?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not port it to any device with java, bluetooth, and a camera? I think the legos are cooler than the control program.

I've got the original Lego Mindstorms kit at home somewhere with a few of the expansion sets. It's amazing. A great toy for a little kid who's interested in computers (me 8 years ago). :D

I happen to own a Lego NXT set :) But yes, it would be quite frivolous to port that particular program.

Given the video says the N97 takes pictures to help solve the puzzle, it would seem there would have to be more work than porting needed to get this to work. A solution for the camera would have to be considered. Still, I would have loved to have this in the 80's as I never did solve my Rubik's cube. I got 3 sides once, but that was it. (yeah, I know I never even THOUGHT of the sticker removal method!)

Poem58 said:
Given the video says the N97 takes pictures to help solve the puzzle, it would seem there would have to be more work than porting needed to get this to work. A solution for the camera would have to be considered. Still, I would have loved to have this in the 80's as I never did solve my Rubik's cube. I got 3 sides once, but that was it. (yeah, I know I never even THOUGHT of the sticker removal method!)

In the easiest solutions, you don't solve by sides, you solve by layers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back