List Of Pandora Ports/connectors

God Ginrai said:
But isn't the Pandora EXT port supposed to look more like a USB port? o_ô
Wouldn't that just cause more confusion? We don't want people plugging iPods and the like into the expansion/EXTension port.

But, sure, it may have less pins and be more like the width of a USB port. The above pictures are only of the TYPE of connector normally used for multiple i/o's, not an exact version of the one used in the Pandora.

It's simply a reply to TaG's question, it might look nothing like the connector used on the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
God Ginrai said:
But isn't the Pandora EXT port supposed to look more like a USB port? o_ô
Wouldn't that just cause more confusion? We don't want people plugging iPods and the like into the expansion/EXTension port.

But, sure, it may have less pins and be more like the width of a USB port. The above pictures are only of the TYPE of connector normally used for multiple i/o's, not an exact version of the one used in the Pandora.

It's simply a reply to TaG's question, it might look nothing like the connector used on the Pandora.

Well, the reason I asked it was not because I think it has to look like one, but because MWeston posted on the blog that it looked like a larger USB OTG port.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Well, the reason I asked it was not because I think it has to look like one, but because MWeston posted on the blog that it looked like a larger USB OTG port.

-God Ginrai
And do you have any information on what a USB OTG port looks like? I spent some time yesterday trying to find out and got nowhere. I think the connector is called "mini-AB", and suspect it looks like the little connector with a vaguely trapezoidal shape that's found on some small USB devices. (Not the big rectangular "A" connector found on computers, that you plug devices into.) But the documents I was able to find didn't spell that out.

As for Pandora's EXT connector... I expect information will become available later on. I hope adapter cables will be made available along with the Pandora, for breaking out the common (A/V) stuff, but I don't know the economic practicalities of it.

Jaxartes said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
And do you have any information on what a USB OTG port looks like? I spent some time yesterday trying to find out and got nowhere. I think the connector is called "mini-AB", and suspect it looks like the little connector with a vaguely trapezoidal shape that's found on some small USB devices. (Not the big rectangular "A" connector found on computers, that you plug devices into.) But the documents I was able to find didn't spell that out.

As for Pandora's EXT connector... I expect information will become available later on. I hope adapter cables will be made available along with the Pandora, for breaking out the common (A/V) stuff, but I don't know the economic practicalities of it.

Well, IIRC, we're getting USB OTG through Mini-UBS, so I just imagined a larger Mini-USB port.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Isn't that just Mini-USB?

-God Ginrai
Here`s the same port "USB A" on the left compared to a mini usb "USB B" on the right, As they are on my Archos AV500.

CIMG0672.JPG

The do look very similar, But as you can see, the "USB A" has little shoulders.

EDIT: Saying that, Having another look at Squidge`s picture, It does look indeed like a standard MINI USB B, Though the host port on my Archos is the "USB A" port in my picture. Mmmmmmmm.

Trooper

trooper said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
Here`s the same port "USB A" on the left compared to a mini usb "USB B" on the right, As they are on my Archos AV500.

CIMG0672.JPG

Trooper

Ah, thank you. So they don't use the same cable? o_ô

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
trooper said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

CIMG0672.JPG

Trooper

Ah, thank you. So they don't use the same cable? o_ô

-God Ginrai

Sorry God Ginrai, See my edit.

No they don`t, This is a picture of the connector of my Archos usb host cable.

CIMG0675.JPG

Trooper

Sorry, I lost the track of this thread. But mine is the opening post. Please tell me if there is something I should update in it? I could copy/paste your answer there, just to keep the list updated.

cosurgi said:
Sorry, I lost the track of this thread. But mine is the opening post. Please tell me if there is something I should update in it? I could copy/paste your answer there, just to keep the list updated.
Nothing to do yet :)

Anyway, I think that USB OTG port is standard mini USB, which is USB B on Archos V500. Mini USB connectors cames to common use on phones and card readers. I have one on my Motorola V360 phone and one on my card reader.

Squidge said:
We need to summon Michael and see which he has put on the board.
DSC00733.jpg

------------------ USB OTG (mini-AB) ------------------------------------------------------- AV connector

That makes sense. I was going to mention my TI calculator with a USB-OTG port that could use both types of cable, but there you have it.

MWeston said:
Squidge said:
------------------ USB OTG (mini-AB) ------------------------------------------------------- AV connector

Oooooh! the first hardware pics in a loooong time :) Be sure to put it on the blog (if you haven't already)

It looks like 14 connectors to me, oh goody :D

(yes connectors get me tingly, so what?)

Hey, that A/V Connector looks like the extension port on the Cowon D2. And there is a A/V out-cable for the D2 with that connector. How probable is it, that this cable works with the pandora? xD

MWeston said:
Squidge said:
DSC00733.jpg

Thanks for the pic. It's always good to see new things. ^_^

-God Ginrai

fahrstuhl said:
Hey, that A/V Connector looks like the extension port on the Cowon D2. And there is a A/V out-cable for the D2 with that connector. How probable is it, that this cable works with the pandora? xD

Not very, your connector has 8 contacts on a single row. The one on the pandora seems to have 14 contacts in 2 rows (top and bottom).

You have to count the contacts and make sure whether you are looking at a single row or double row of connections.

Back