Fruit Machine Emulator

thumpgun

Zombie club life member
Website
Visit site
anybody working on a fruit machine emulator , not all the fancy new machines but the older machines from the 1980's,,,,might be easyer to emulate \ less flashy lights and digital panels.....anybody?????/ :blink: check out fruit machine simulator on the zx spectrum (( works with emulator for those who dont have it--cough--cough- handy...really nice game...

I've looked into it (as I mentioned in the other linked thread). I was the original author of JPeMu for the PC and for some time co-author of MFME, so the emulation itself is not a problem.

Speed is of course an issue as there is no 6809 ASM core for the gp2x as yet (and I'm no ARM expert), and limited CPU capacity.

Strangely, the video output seems quite sluggish too (in spite of using paeryn's excellent accelerated SDL). I don't have any other choice besides SDL, however, as I would need to be able to test on both PC and GP2X (Linux or Windows, don't really care, although Linux preferred). [and Allegro doesn't really cut it for me].

Finally, the original emulators were written in Borland C++ and made heavy use of the VCL (Visual Component Library) suite. This means that all the GUI stuff was already pretty well handled and simply needed extending to behave like fruit machine components, but I haven't yet come across such a library for SDL, so the prospect is with writing one (which is not a small job).

Theoretically, I have both MPU4 and IMPACT technologies already working (with no sound for the time being), but there's nothing much to see other than a debugger and alpha display to see the code running - they're not actually "playable" as such.

DT

I have a fruit machine game planned that I may begin making after I finish BLINGO. Obviously won't be the same as the real machines though (it'll play fair for a start :p ). I've already drawn most of the graphics for it so depending on my mood you may see some WIP shots soon.

More on topic if fruit machine emulation were possible it would be a great addition to the GP2X.

Back