FTP support on Geany

Timstertoo

When I'm web developing I prefer to directly work on the server. This also prevents me from destroying my partner in IT crime his work by accidentely uploading an older local version. Basically we always open from the server and start working. We of course also back work up locally but there is still room for potential loss there.

Has anyone that uses Geany by any chance come up with a solution as there is no plugin that does that?

While I'm asking, anyone know if there is a dark theme available. I'm a bit of a vampire and hate coding with a white/light background.

Thanks!

whats the issue btw to use filezilla in combination of geany? just keep the two applications opened. otherwise you can make a super simple python script to automatically upload to ftp.

Found the darker themes, much better. Thanks.

Baically me being lazy :) I use Intellij IDEA on my laptop and it auto syncs with the server everytime the screen goes out of focus. So I click on my browser and hit F5 and its all there.

I think I won't be using the Pandora too much for html and css anyways, just makes so much more sense to have more screen real estate and Chrome with inspect element open at all times. But with Python first on the list of the next laguage to learn (we want to give Django a spin) it might be a good starting project.

Can you blindly find all the special characters? I'm starting to speed up on the keyboard but it will be a couple of weeks before having to hold a light above the keyboard to find a character will stop killing my workflow.

Back