Full Charge @ 87%?!

TylerAW

So I fully charged my Pandora over night and when I woke up the red light was off indicating it was done charging but when I turned it back on the charge is only at 87% is there a problem with my battery?

Have you seen it charge to 100% before?

If yes: This is at the present time normal charging behaviour - basically it stops charging at a certain point for safety (read up on lithium-polymer cells if you're after more information on why - their behaviour is beyond the scope of this reply :p ), but of course it then runs down a bit after that. It is my understanding that this is being tweaked for a future hotfix (possibly Hotfix 6, but don't quote me on that, as I may be misremembering).

If no: Your battery is not properly seated (a symptom of this is only charging to a maximum of 80-something%), and you need to re-seat it according to the instructions in the included Quick Start Guide.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I fully charged my Pandora over night and when I woke up the red light was off indicating it was done charging but when I turned it back on the charge is only at 87% is there a problem with my battery?
No, that's "normal", even if it wasn't expected. A side effect of the safety features of the charge circuit.

It'll discharge to about 80% before starting to charge again. If it didn't, the constant trickle of energy would cause the battery to swell up and be no good. I've got a patch for HotFix 6 that'll make it a little better.

There seems to be an influx of people obsessed with trying to find a fault with their Pandora lately.

I have emulated on the DS, PSP and have a Wiz, the Pandora by far is the easiest to use for the

retro stuff.

They're probably ex-Caanoo or ex-Dingoo owners.
What problems were there with the Dingoo? Mine worked great, just control was 95% accurate compared to the Pandora being 99% (1% human error).
I can't speak for anyone else, but my Dingoo A320 unfortunately fried itself shortly after arrival. :( (After that, I decided that getting something to tide me over just wasn't to be, and put the money into picking up some classic games for later use on my Pandora, instead. :lol: )

I dunno, I did really like the feel of the nub on the 3DS that I tried in the store the other day, but aside from that the handheld is pointless to me.

They're probably ex-Caanoo or ex-Dingoo owners.
What problems were there with the Dingoo? Mine worked great, just control was 95% accurate compared to the Pandora being 99% (1% human error).
I can't speak for anyone else, but my Dingoo A320 unfortunately fried itself shortly after arrival. :( (After that, I decided that getting something to tide me over just wasn't to be, and put the money into picking up some classic games for later use on my Pandora, instead. :lol: )
Lemme guess. You used the charger that came with it? A lot of people fried their Dingoos by using the cheap-o charger that came with it. The Dingoo was alright I suppose, if you like NES and GB emulation. SNES was crap though(which was what I bought it for *sniff*), and the action/shoulder buttons were way too small. I did enjoy playing Doom on it though.

Lemme guess. You used the charger that came with it? A lot of people fried their Dingoos by using the cheap-o charger that came with it. The Dingoo was alright I suppose, if you like NES and GB emulation. SNES was crap though(which was what I bought it for *sniff*), and the action/shoulder buttons were way too small. I did enjoy playing Doom on it though.
I'm afraid you've guessed wrongly - I wouldn't ever dare to plug in a cheap charger, to be honest (see my signature for some good reasons why not :lol: ). I seem to recall charging it over USB, but it actually fried itself during usage. I don't know if it was ever resolved, but some Dingoo units back then shipped that had batteries that fatally shorted themselves out during normal use. :p

Ahh. Why am I not surprised. The Dingoo had crappy hardware. I wish I hadn't got one; I shoulda bought an old PSP on eBay instead.

I once owned a GP2X. Do you know what the battery life was like? Here's a hint; I had to use lithium batteries.

Back