My Pandora does not turn on, help

NeoG

Hello and greetings from Spain, I finally got my Pandora this morning after more than 2 years waiting and it looks and feels fantastic, the fist thing I did was to put it to charge since its what ive read in the forums, it was working fine and I even entered the mini menu to take a quick look, after that I had to go to work so I leaft it charging, but when I got back I saw that the Pandora is turned off, with the green and red light also turned off, I thought maybe it had finished charging and it turnd of by itsealf, but it doesnt turn on any more, i took out the baterry and put it back on but doesnt change anything.

Since I only tuned it on once and it turned on automatically when y put it to charge, I would like to know it there is another way to turn it on, right now on the left side there is a button that seems like the one to turn it on or off and its turned right, but ive tried both ways and nothing works, I would like to know if there is something I am doing wrong or if my Pandora is simply not working.

Thanks for your help. :)

Ok guys, I finally got it working again :) , I am not totally sure, but I saw that the adaptor that comes with the Pandora is the same one as the Psp, so I tried with the psp adaptor that I have and it works, since I see that it is not charged, I will do a full charge and then try again with the other adaptor to see if it stoped working or not.

Yeah, I am very happy to know that it is working. :D

Guess the power adapter just died, I think I have seen some occurrences of that on the forums recently. Hopefully it's not a big issue, happy to hear that the Pandora is fine :)

Guess the power adapter just died, I think I have seen some occurrences of that on the forums recently. Hopefully it's not a big issue, happy to hear that the Pandora is fine :)

Yes, I am so glad, thought that it was broken, so I am really happy, now I have to figure out how to get my emulators working, just installed the Yoshis Pandora emulator pack, but Ive followed the tutorial and put the super nintendo and neogeo roms in their respective folder, but with the supernes emulator I dont know how to get to select the roms, and in the neo geo emulators I see all my roms, but a mesage sais that the neogeo.zip not found, that maybe the romset is too old.

I also dont know how to close my SDHC card before I can extract it.

The last thing I find curios is that I havent heard any sound from the speakers, I have the volume turned on but havent heard anything yet, but since I couldnt get any amulator working maybe its normal that the gui doesnt have any sound.

Probably all this things its because I am not using it properly, but apart from this the pandora is really nice, its like having a computer in Nintendo DS size, and everything is really nice, from the finish, to the screen, controlls, buttons etc..., cudos for the Pandora team for making such a great project possible, and for the final Pandora beeng so good.

The menu doesn't have sound, so unless you run a game or an emulator, you won't hear anything :)

not really sure what you mean by extracting the sd card, but hoping you mean unmount before removing. If so, simply right click on your SD card, which is done by either pushing your right nub to the right, or holding the stylus prssed in one place to perform a mouse right click, and select Unmount before taking out your SD card. As far as sounds go, as ED stated, GUI doesnt have any sounds. If your're not getting any sounds from emulators, audio/video players, make sure you have the codec pack installed, which has to be done every time you perform a full reflash.

Thanks DaMummy for your answer, its just what I was looking for, but since my english isnt very good y didnt express myself properly.

And thanks also to EvilDragon for poping in to answer my question about the sound, its a great honor to have one of the creatos of the Pandora to answer me in the forums, and greetings again for the finish product.

I just got it so have to try a lot of things, but what Ive tried and seen so far is reaaaaally great, I thoght that maybe the final product wasnt going to be super polished, but its very good, nice shoulder buttons, dpad is amaizing, great butons and screen, and very nice gui, now I have to read a lot of guides to get things workin :lol: and hope that the computer wizards in the forum can help me with my doughts.

Thanks again to everyone and the Pandora team. :)

Don't worry, we're always here to help as long as you ask the right way, don't offend anybody, and don't troll(look who's talking, huh?)

In general, i like to point new people to the Vid-a-Day section,which is located in a pinned thread in the General Talk forum, for some good info and basic guides.

Back