New to this

Cas

Hi

Well for a first time user I have some questions, I have looked at the Wiki stuff but cannot seem to

find what I require, so here goes only two questions.

All the initial startup stuff has been done.

1. Can the Pandora be turned turned off/shutdown whilst charging, I ask because it boots as soon

as I plug in the charger ?

2. How do I know what hotfix and codecs it has arrived with ?

That's it, well for now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
1. no

2. just install hf5 and the community codec pack they will update your pandora to the latests standard. (from hf5 on you can see in the splash screen while loading what the current hotfix is)

1. Can the Pandora be turned turned off/shutdown whilst charging, I ask because it boots as soon

No, it cannot. Eventually there will probably be a "charging mode" implemented, which will mean that the full OS won't have to boot when you're charging it, but for now this is how it is.

2. How do I know what hotfix and codecs it has arrived with ?
My understanding is that they do not ship with the most recent Hotfix installed. As of Hotfix 5, you'll see the Hotfix number in the upper-right corner of the boot-up progress screen - if you don't see this, then it needs to be updated. :p

The codecs cannot be included for legal reasons. It's down to you to make sure whether you can use them in your locality, and install them yourself.

I hope this helps! :)

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Hi

Sorry, please delete this.

Burn-in is something that really doesn't affect LCDs... :p But, yes, the screen turns off if you shut the lid, and if you flip it into low-power-mode.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but technically I think it only turn off the backlight and not the whole display in recent version of the OS.

I would not worry about burn-in... shouldn't be a problem really.

If you flip the power switch It goes into low power mode so the screen and wifi are not running. Charges quicker that way...

No, it cannot. Eventually there will probably be a "charging mode" implemented, which will mean that the full OS won't have to boot when you're charging it, but for now this is how it is.
I hope so because I'd like to just be able to plug it in and walk away instead of having to let it boot and then put on standby.

Maybe Evil Dragon could look into doing this on the next hotfix. :D

Back