Pandora Questions

DustinVgmaster

Still Fresh
I was thinking about getting a Pandora eventually, but I need to ask some questions:

1-Does the TV-out cable come with the Pandora? Or is it a separate purchase?

2-Will it hurt the battery if I use it during it's initial 8-hour charging?

3-Are there any annoying/fatal bugs or errors that can't be fixed? (as of yet)

4-How does the Sonic Robo Blast 2 port run? (speed, framerate, stuff like that.)

That's pretty much it. I think.

1) its a separate purchase, nobody owns one, because they aren't manufactured yet.

2) some people will not agree, but no it doesn't hurt, just play while the adapter is plugged in (being a battery nazi might help your lifespan by a couple of percent, but you need to do that for the entire lifespan of the device before it's effective)

3) the hardware is fine, all issues look like software problems (there are some reports of IO errors under high cpu load on slot1 and wifi could use another speed bump) generally it looks like a newer linux kernel will bring much joy. (It's on the todo list)

4) don't know

3 - the bowing bezel seems to be a design flaw

4945835165_6fa5ce26cb.jpg

the rest is softwarewise, can be fixed

Isn't this an *old pandora* problem, meaning: this is fixed on the newer devices right?

Isn't this an *old pandora* problem, meaning: this is fixed on the newer devices right?

Nope, they will all have it as far as I know. For some reason that nobody really knows the team decided at the last minute that all the parts should be painted, the extra thickness due to paint has caused bulges like that one. Also it has caused shoulder buttons which dont fit or work as they should and the case to stress at certain points and develop cracks. They are still painting them so expect more of the same faults.

The case lid plastic looked inconsistent out of the moulds so I can understand why they wanted to paint that but every other part is just a complete mystery.

Yannick:

1-Oh, okay.

2-I might not try, to assure a longer battery life.

Alerino:

3-I don't think it will bother me 'cuz I didn't even notice what you were talking about.

Edit: oh the bulges. Meh .

4-Looks awesome =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not been here long then?

Oh, like you can talk. You haven't even been here a full month yet...n00b.

But seriously, wow. It's almost been an entire month since the Exodus.

and quite frankly, gp32x pandora general talk section seems dead since, and this place seems only half as active as gp32x pandora was

and quite frankly, gp32x pandora general talk section seems dead since, and this place seems only half as active as gp32x pandora was
I put that down to the recent stall in production. I'm sure as soon as it ramps up and Pandoras are being pumped out both will come alive again.

I agree. There's really nothing to talk about. That's why so many of my posts are pointless :p

I promise to post more relevant stuff when I get my Pandora. It will still be the minority, but there will be a nominal gain.

I was thinking about getting a Pandora eventually, but I need to ask some questions:

1-Does the TV-out cable come with the Pandora? Or is it a separate purchase?

2-Will it hurt the battery if I use it during it's initial 8-hour charging?

3-Are there any annoying/fatal bugs or errors that can't be fixed? (as of yet)

4-How does the Sonic Robo Blast 2 port run? (speed, framerate, stuff like that.)

That's pretty much it. I think.

Your questions have been answered so place that order. :p

My take:

1- It is ordered separately but it does not come with the Pandora (currently).

2- I'm going to find it so hard to resist. I bought a spare battery so I suspect I will be using it as TWO batteries charge. ((only shutdown before switching batteries))

3- No fatal bugs I've picked up on. Annoying bugs are what new releases are all about. Depends on how intolerant you are. :p

4- Alerino's the man! Not my cup of tea but looks playable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back