Fully Assembled Production Samples

What I'm curious to know, now that we have some assembled production _painted_ samples, is how it all fits together. Are all the tolerances fine and cozy? What about the keys and buttons, no chances of being sticky? 'Cause color or whatever, it doesn't matter to me, it could be beige, purple with orange dots for all I care, as long as it handles like a charm.

So... any words on the actual fit?

Those look FUCKING AWESOME! Great work China/OPT!

You guys are killing me! :p

PLEASE, someone make an update on what's going on!

Are the cases getting painted?

How many are expected in the first UK shippment(after the ash settles of course)?

When will they actually be shipping?

Did everything fit properly? So can all 10,000 be made ASAP? Also, how is the PCB production going in Texas?

Craig, Michael, Ed, anyone out there? ;)

Chris

Looking at the pictures... to me it looks like they painted the grey sample's gaming controllers and button the matching grey. It might be the lighting, but the colours look mighty close to the case. I suppose it makes sense the paint those parts to match the case colour?

I would like to extend a big congratulations to the Pandora team for all their work getting to this stage of development. It is a great milestone and the pictures demonstrate they have developed a professional and fantastic looking product.

Congrats.

It fits together great and actually passes Michaels QC.

They did paint the controls on the grey one, but we won't be going with that, or with painting the controls.

craigix said:

They did paint the controls on the grey one, but we won't be going with that, or with painting the controls.
The painted black looks really nice Craig, so what's going on with there ETA on shipping, and how many cases when they finally do?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpman said:
craigix said:

The painted black looks really nice Craig, so what's going on with there ETA on shipping, and how many cases when they finally do?

Chris

Well UPS are shipping nothing until this volcano madness ends, but I hope they can be shipped this coming week. I see flights might start again tomorrow sometime. Maybe.

Yes these pics are looking scrumptious enough to eat for lunch, I'm starving

craigix said:
Well UPS are shipping nothing until this volcano madness ends, but I hope they can be shipped this coming week. I see flights might start again tomorrow sometime. Maybe.
When the Volcano spits Ashes for Months, UPS will do nothing for Months? :lol: I hope they are creative enough to find a solution.
By the way, where exactly are the Packages from USA at the Moment?

Gorgeous. Seriously.
grin.gif
I can't wait.

I'm still hoping I have mine before my holiday next month. :lol:

Attachments

• grin.gif
    grin.gif
    352 bytes · Views: 67
Can we now officially add a natural disaster to the list of delays? :p Maybe disaster is a bit strong, act of god at least?

darkblu said:
are these the 'volcanic ash'-paint edition pandoras?

Lol....Nice...and the paint color of the Pandoras will forever be known as "Volcanic Ash Black".

By the way, Nice work, Open Pandora Team! The cases are looking good. I was kinda skeptical at first about the paint idea but the pictures definitely show how clean the paint job can make the it look.

Any news on the silkscreen yet?
I just hope I will get a "plain black" Pandora.

Back