functionality over bluetooth

jocejrod

just wondering what can be done. i know that you can use the keyboard and nubs, but could you use the speakers and mic too? say to use as a headset for a computer. or say using the touchscreen as a touchpad(mouse). or anything else i'm not aware of

Theoretically anything with a Linux driver will work. Keyboards, mice, gamepads, and audio devices appear to work out of the box; networking (internet sharing) is there but some people report they need to do some fiddling to get it to work; I'm sure some webcams could also be made to work.

Going the other way, using the Pandora as an input device to another system, I don't think works at the moment. I'm certain it could be done, but no one with the know how has attempted it, to my knowledge.

there has been some work done to try and get the pandora to be used as a ps3 keyboard, which could in the future also be used as a headset, and a spare controller

there has been some work done to try and get the pandora to be used as a ps3 keyboard, which could in the future also be used as a headset, and a spare controller

Interesting thoughts... It crossed my mind at one point that If I could set up my netbook to act as a headset, remotely control

(and view the status of) the phone from the netbook , and use it as a modem all at the same time then I would never have to remove it from my belt.

I quickly came to realise that that wasn't really practical, but while I was pursuing the thought I did come across this project, which may be a good starting point if one wanted to use the Pandora as a 'headset' for a phone.

Back