Mini bluetooth keyboard

Thanks all for the suggestions, and TrashyMG for your help! I was able to get the mini bluetooth keyboard to work when connected to a hub. The mouse control on the touch pad is accurate and every input key/button on the keypad is usable. My Pandora now has double controls! :p ;)
If its a bluetooth keyboard... could you please define 'connected to a hub'? surely you aren't saying it only works with external bluetooth?? :blink:

- Neelix

From context I'm guess he used the included Bluetooth dongle (which is only USB1.1 and therefore not Pandora compatible) in order to connect.

Pengo, the Pandora HAS a bluetooth controller in it, there should be no need for the included USB dongle. Just turn on the Pandora's Bluetooth and tether.

edit: On that frame, are you actually sure you got the bluetooth one and didn't just get a wireless one?

Last edited by a moderator:
From context I'm guess he used the included Bluetooth dongle (which is only USB1.1 and therefore not Pandora compatible) in order to connect.

Pengo, the Pandora HAS a bluetooth controller in it, there should be no need for the included USB dongle. Just turn on the Pandora's Bluetooth and tether.

Unless what he bought was in fact just the 2.4ghz wireless not the bluetooth version. So In that case he would still need the USB dongle.

Oops, I apologize for the confusion. The keyboard I have is not bluetooth and is this one.

I just received my bluetooth keyboard.

It works perfect with all buttons inc. arrows except getting trouble how to do volume up and down plus there are no mouse buttons just pagedn and pgup buttons only by touchpad.

There must be a way to access mouse button operations somehow - maybe pengo's found it?

Asmo pengo has Rii one that model does have mouse buttons, i ordered this item twice and made mistake twice,looks like i got carried away and ordered the wrong items quickly.

Well the reason for not having mouse buttons it's not Rii one i bought chill innovation,so i already spoken to the person who sold it to me i bought the wrong item,i will return it on saturday,other thing was the bluetooth kept on turning off and cursor had alot of slowdown and then cursor stops moving.

The 2,4ghz one i ordered that's been sent returned already.

I ordered the Rii this time round.

Rii doesn't come with bluetooth adaptor well pandora already has bluetooth so you can pair them easily and what was pengo connecting when you can connect bluetooth keyboard with pandora wirelessly and you don't need any kind of bluetooth adaptor.

The mouse buttons on the Chill BT keyboard it looks like, are located on the far left of the device. Maybe the buttons did not work because your keyboard was defective ocean? :unsure:

The Rii bluetooth model (330) comes with no bluetooth adapter, but I have the Rii 240 which comes with a 2.4GHz receiver I connected to the hub for it to work. The mouse buttons are below the touch pad as you see in the pictures. You can also lightly tap on the touch panel to register a mouse click, if you're too lazy to use the button for that on the bottom. :p

30nal8h.jpg

What are the functions of these buttons? They look like they could be for left/right clicking.

Yes i tried them.they wouldn't work at all.

What are they doing there the buttons are uncomfortable and L at the top and R at the button,what kind of layout is that,Rii layout is below the touchpad, which is awesome and everytime i was pressing the mouse buttons on chill the cursor kept on freezing that's chill bluetooth keyboard for you,i wouldn't recommened this for any pandora owner.

Chill keyboard worked fine on pc but not on pandora.

Pengo how is your wireless keyboard working with mouse buttons,can you control using the play/pause,stop by using vlc player,smplayer or mplayer on chill the media buttons didn't work.

I have just received Rii keyboard,the cursor stops moving after 1 or 2 minutes,why is it doing that.

I found out why it was doing that,if website take time on screen and videos run slow then cursor will stop moving.

Apart from that it runs great on desktop pc and amazing experience on pandora.

I own one similar and they aren't that comfortable for typing. I would expect that Pandora's one to beat it.. if that isn't the case then it would be a huge disappointment for me. :(

I own one similar and they aren't that comfortable for typing. I would expect that Pandora's one to beat it.. if that isn't the case then it would be a huge disappointment for me. :(

I'm assuming most people are interesting with this when used with the TV out connector. The Pandora with it's raised keys is pretty good to do quick typing on.

Of course that's correct using it for tv out experience.

Having pandora in hand and tv out cable makes the console heavy and wires get in your way,so using bluetooth keyboard is much easier on tv, of course pandora keyboard is good to type on the go.

Having bluetooth keyboard can be a bad idea because if you using wi-fi at the same time,it would gives interference between the two both bluetooth and wi-fi are wireless connections,can only use one at a time,browsing on tv with bluetooth keyboard is impossible with wi-fi on.

Isn't better use ethernet cable on pandora for internet so you can use bluetooth keyboard without any problems.

Having bluetooth keyboard can be a bad idea because if you using wi-fi at the same time,it would gives interference between the two both bluetooth and wi-fi are wireless connections,can only use one at a time,browsing on tv with bluetooth keyboard is impossible with wi-fi on.

I have been doing some testing with this, and the Pandora CAN have both the Bluetooth AND Wi-fi working at the same time. I have been using a bluetooth keyboard, bluetooth mouse and Wi-Fi with no problems. Not sure why you are having issues, but the both do work at the same time.

I have been doing some testing with this, and the Pandora CAN have both the Bluetooth AND Wi-fi working at the same time. I have been using a bluetooth keyboard, bluetooth mouse and Wi-Fi with no problems. Not sure why you are having issues, but the both do work at the same time.
That is not correct when you are using router with wi-fi and having bluetooth keyboard will give problems.

What happens when you are using the router with wi-fi on the cursor will slowdown in few minutes and then it eventually will stop moving then the only way to move the cursor will not be with bluetooth keyboard but by using left thumbstick on pandora.

^^ I've used the wifi and bluetooth at the sametime with the ICP in keyboard mode without issues.

Back