Which mini Keyboard?Linux compatibile?

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Im thinking of buying a mini keyboard in anticipation of recieving my 1ghz pandora.Do we have wireless keyboard funtionality?Are there new software additions in the new kernel? Id like a wireless keyboard but could go with a usb one too.Any suggestions for a keyboard that will work with the pandora preferrably with a touchpad/mouse built in.It would be nice if it were grey in colour like the new pandoras.Would this keyboard work?http://www.amazon.co.uk/Keysonic-ACK-540RF-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad/dp/B002WB1JYQ/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1342477969&sr=1-15

I used a similar one without a mouse/touchpad feature with my TV-Out / DLP projector setup.. that keyboard should just work and should act as a generic USB / Mouse device.. However mine was USB 1.1 only, so I needed to run it through the USB 2.0 hub.. I've had some luck with Bluetooth game controllers, kind of tough to sync to them at times.. but my guess a keyboard would have just as much success to work.

I see.Would the keyboard I linked to connect via the pandoras wi-fi?I might buy it if it works. Also your projector setup sounds sweet!

I have a custom tv out cable too that hmc made.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I read about that model it uses a USB Dongle to handle the Wireless part.. I don't think I've ever seen a Keyboard that uses true Wi-Fi, I've seen some that use the term Wi-Fi, but are actually not and still use a proprietary USB dongle..

Yeah the projector setup is great, I was going to show it off in a video.

What I read about that model it uses a USB Dongle to handle the Wireless part.. I don't think I've ever seen a Keyboard that uses true Wi-Fi, I've seen some that use the term Wi-Fi, but are actually not and still use a proprietary USB dongle..

I see.Might try the keyboard i linked to then.Yeah make a video if you have time.edit I bought the keyboard.If it doesent work ill send you the check!!! :)

I see.Might try the keyboard i linked to then.Yeah make a video if you have time.edit I bought the keyboard.If it doesent work ill send you the check!!! :)

Oh man.. I better hope I'm right.

i have a keyboard for the Palm that communicates via IR... to make that work, i suppose you would need an IR adapter to start.. and some way to interpret the input? i'm not sure if it would even be in a 'standard keyboard' format.

Back