Future DraStic Android port: help needed

Thanks TrashyMG! I'll nag my one IRL Slashdot reading friend. :D

Since today is also my birthday I think I'm going to find somewhere to go celebrating. Thanks for the support, everyone.
Apparently you are doing birthdays the Hobbit way, by giving away presents instead of receiving them :) Congratulations!

Sounds like you've got yourself a nice present of accomplishment, congrats with high profile release and happy birthday from me too!

No problem, I hit the IRC crowd to up vote the Slashdot article too..

Have a good birthday celebration! 

Wow this emulator is fantastic! Truly great work! I have a general question to anyone who can supply an answer:

Anyone know the name of the last 2 games that are screenshotted on the DraStic google play page? The last one looks like maybe it's Bob's Game? But I thought that was never released...

Thanks TrashyMG! I'll nag my one IRL Slashdot reading friend. :D

Since today is also my birthday I think I'm going to find somewhere to go celebrating. Thanks for the support, everyone.
Happy Birthday!  I'll give you $7.99 as a Birthday gift when I get to my hotel :D :D

Wow this emulator is fantastic! Truly great work! I have a general question to anyone who can supply an answer:

Anyone know the name of the last 2 games that are screenshotted on the DraStic google play page? The last one looks like maybe it's Bob's Game? But I thought that was never released...
Yeah, the last one is from the Bob's Game demo that was released years ago. For the second one even I don't know what it is :D (Lordus will have to tell you)

I think Slashdot killed the Android Drastic release article.... Had enough up votes, my guess the mods killed it.  

I think Slashdot killed the Android Drastic release article.... Had enough up votes, my guess the mods killed it.  
Yeah, I noticed that too.  Maybe they thought it was spam?  Well, somebody else could try to submit it but it'll probably work better if it showed up on XDA, Engadget, Android Police, etc. first I suppose.

Been using for about an hour, only complaint is pokemon black 2 crashes when starting game. And it uses dsv saves? I guess I converted my nds4droid saves before hand for nothing :) I'm so pumped to use this and for futur updates! Goodbye nds4droid! :D :D :D

It will not install on my rooted Galaxy S4. Permissions are set to read and write on each CORRECTLY NAMED file, DraStic still will not install the BIOS files placed in my SDCARD or sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/system/

Try putting them in your download directory.  It works fine on my rooted Galaxy S4 (Snapdragon).

(also, is yours a rooted TW GS4 or running a custom AOSP ROM like CyanogenMod?)

Last edited by a moderator:
It will not install on my rooted Galaxy S4. Permissions are set to read and write on each CORRECTLY NAMED file, DraStic still will not install the BIOS files placed in my SDCARD or sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/system/
Did the folder sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/ already exist when you placed them there, or did you have to create it? What error message do you get when trying to install?

It's possible Slashdot wanted a link to some other news site and not just a link to the app itself. Kind of a chicken and egg problem so far :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back