Future DraStic Android port: help needed

It's impossible. The Pyra isn't going to have a lenticular display . :rolleyes:

((new take on the old meme, eh?))
Well first we're going to have to cut the screen in two to get over the dual display thing, then rig up some large parabolic mirror to simulate the 3D. 

one could simply add a filter in front of the screen to get the same effect, but that will pose problem with the touchscreen... it's once more not the best solution...

Also impossible. The 2DS is one giant screen with a plastic blocker in the middle. The Pyra isn't going to have such a thing. I suppose people could just hack a piece of plastic onto their screen for a similar effect.

Also impossible. The 2DS is one giant screen with a plastic blocker in the middle. The Pyra isn't going to have such a thing. I suppose people could just hack a piece of plastic onto their screen for a similar effect.
good idea, but how will they make the "upper" screen not touchscreen?

Maybe I'm missing something in what you said, but Exo made the dual screen of the DS work on the Pandora.

Maybe I'm missing something in what you said, but Exo made the dual screen of the DS work on the Pandora.
nope, you're wrong, it's not a DS emulator but in reality a DTS emulator... the top one is also a touch screen...

Aw, c'mon, I even spelled out that I was reusing the meme so this wouldn't happen. I used the eyerolly thing and everything.

Way back when the DS emulator was first proposed, long before Exophase was working on it and no one was even sure if it would be possible, there was a legitimate question about how the two screens would be arranged if such a thing could be made which then just went incredibly silly from there. It got to the point that every time someone asked about a DS emulator it rapidly descended into silly banter about how to place the screens.When you asked about a 3DS emulator I just had to reuse the same joke. It's tradition!

....... but seriously....

.... split the Pyra screen into 4 and squint your eyes... the top and bottom images on the left will merge with those on the right and what you get is an image on top in 3D, and an image on the bottom in 2D.... (with distracting superfluous visual data to the left and right)

.... Perhaps Exophase could even include a DIY in the readme on how to make some custom lenses to squint the screen for us automatically....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

The new version of DraStic for Android is very very nice.  Thank you Exophase and Lordus.

One question:  Since I play DraStic on Shield Android TV with friends and family on a big screen TV set up in portrait mode, how do I rotate the two screens 90-degree?

The Android TV version has 2 extra screen layouts (portrait rotate right, and portrait rotate left), which you can select by pressing 'Screen Layout' in the radial menu.

Does that help?

Back