Future of production past preorders

I would rather have the Pyra be larger and the extra space used to house a camera. Though a bigger battery is good too. I have very thin hands yet the Pyra is not too big for even me. Though I also have big pockets.

There is enough room in the lid for a flat USB camera.
I already ordered one and a tiny USB hub to mod it into a Pyra some day

The question to my mind is do you actually want the camera in the lid or would one hanging off the USB port at the back be better? For the latter situation, you could at least use the lid like a tiltable viewfinder without tilting the shot.

Yes, that's the plan.
Unless everyone hates it and no one wants to order it, I'll both continue production and hardware development (case upgrades, CPU board upgrades, etc.)

I didn’t want to start a new thread if I could find something related and this is exactly what I was going to ask about…

How far into the pre-orders are we currently? And are you still planning on continuing production past the pre-orders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last I've heard is all 200 of the original pre-preorders (that upgraded to a preorder) have received their emails offering them a unit. That's been the case for about a month now, although I know ED's been snowed under with shop moves and christmas shopping supplies and other stuff (perhaps ice hockey is big in Germany through winter not sure), so I wouldn't expect him to get many preorders finished during December, so perhaps that status is still where we're at.

Back