G-sensor

sukhi2011

Does pandora have a g-sensor?

When viewing pictures can the images rotate left to right,if turn the machine to the left automatically,is this possible.

Does pandora have a g-spot?

:D

(this is not by any means an attack to ocean's legitimate question, it's only a funny thing :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
Does pandora have a g-sensor?

When viewing pictures can the images rotate left to right,if turn the machine to the left automatically,is this possible.
Um. You own a Pandora so you know that it does not. You are trying to say that the cannoo is better than the pandora yet again. Simply put both have their merits. The caanoo is a good machine and is not as expensive as the pandora.This is good for someone who cant afford a pandora. The cannoo is not compatible with the wiz,a stupid move. The pandora is a computer also and there will be plenty of optimised emulators apps just give it time. Both are useful. Nuff said.

I know that one day, Sukhi, one day you will grow up and shed your troll form. And lo on that morn, angels and devils together rejoice with what hath betide ye.

is there already some kind of manual rotation ? or can it be scripted ?

If you just mean for pictures: have a look at the manual for the picture-viewer.

I mean rotate, in a "universal" way the entire desktop environment, like you can do in Windows Vista or 7 with CTRL+UP,DOWN,LEFT OR RIGHT ARROW

Some years ago in linux I changed the size of the desktop in a xf86.conf file if I remember correctly, and even if the monitor was bigger than that modified resolution, all the application when maximised were the right size of the desktop, now if with the pandora OS it is possible to do the same thing, the only question is "can it be possible to instruct the interface engine to start drawing from the right-upper corner to the left-bottom corner ?"

It can be much more useful than in a windows desktop-pc, where you can't rotate the monitor... for example I read ebooks with very little fonts, and the lines are more understandable if them are shorter... ok, i can read even in horizontal with shorter lines, but I can't FILL the display with text, and I will have not so much lines visualized at the same time.

I have seen on youtube some vertical shooters emulated in horizontal... now, I don't know if it was a choice to play them like this, but if the emulator don't have this kind of choice, the desktop rotation can be useful even in this kind of situation... (at least I will prefere to play in vertical, even if the game result smaller)

sorry for my english, i hope you can understand what i mean

EDIT:

I mean this:

Code:
Option "Rotate" "rotation"

This optional entry specifies the initial rotation of the given monitor. Valid values for rotation are "normal", "left", "right", and "inverted". (RandR 1.2-supporting drivers only)

from http://linux.die.net/man/5/xorg.conf

but I don't know if this can be changed in realtime or if is needed the restart of the graphic interface...

Ok, I don't know if the gpu-driver supports it, but you should be able to do that with xrandr.

Theoretically thats true... in practice xrandr doesn't detect any screens when you run it on the pandora. (or at least it didn't when I tried it) I imagine there must be a way to make it aware of the pandora screen, but I wasn't able to work out how in the brief time I was playing around with it.

- Neelix

I'm trying to make an idea of the pandora xorg.conf... so I virtualized a pandora-devel (ubuntu + toolchain) image i found somewere in the forum (http://www.gp32x.de...58490-yactfeau/) and I see here a minimal xorg.conf, without the

Code:
Option "RandRRotation" "true"
in it...

...that option must be put in the device section of the graphic driver for xrandr to work, but in this configuration I'm unable to understand if there's a graphic driver at all :blink: (maybe FBDEV ????)

Code:
# Minimal xorg.conf for the OpenPandora - Most things are setup by HAL and FDI's.

Section "Module"

Load  "extmod"

Load  "dbe"

Disable  "glx"

Disable  "dri"

Load  "dri2"

EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"

Identifier "DefaultLayout"

Screen  "Screen0"

EndSection

Section "Screen"

Identifier "Screen0"

Device  "OMAPFB"

Monitor  "Monitor0"

DefaultDepth 16

SubSection "Display"

Depth 16

Modes "800x480"

EndSubSection

EndSection

Section "Monitor"

Identifier "Monitor0"

EndSection

Section "Device"

Identifier "OMAPFB"

Driver  "omapfb"

EndSection                                            

Section "Device"

Identifier "FBDEV"

Driver  "fbdev"

Option  "ShadowFB"  "false"

EndSection

EDIT: I found it's the graphic driver itself that have to support the rotation... hope to find more info about that

...that option must be put in the device section of the graphic driver for xrandr to work
That option is Nvidia-only AFAIK.

The times where one had to configure everything in the xorg.conf ended years ago, the X Server configures most of the stuff automatically. And now there's even a whole directory for dynamic configurations.

That option is Nvidia-only AFAIK.

you are right, the Ati driver needs a similar parameter, hope the pandora driver support this function

I used linux for 2 years, but seven years ago... I need to update my knowledge... but I have only a win7 pc (that I cannot dualboot) and using linux in a virtual machine makes me sad...

More precisely: It force-enables RandR 1.2 for the nvidia driver because the rotation functionality is part of version 1.2, but the driver still only supports version 1.1 fully.

All somewhat popular free drivers as well as AMD's own driver already support full RandR 1.3 and do tell X that.

xrandr --version will tell what RandR version the driver claims to support.

In a way pivot function won't be suitable for pandora because it's a clamshell device,the screen will move forward,it won't able to stay in one position,so it's best suited for caanoo.

I think you guys got it wrong when i meant caanoo is better than pandora,i didn't mean the console is better,i meant to say some emulators like neo geo are better on caanoo because it can be played with controller the pandora isn't compatible with controller at the moment,so stop saying wrong things to me,when you didn't understand what i was saying.

How can caanoo be better than pandora,that's crazy,definetely someone will say this guy is nuts,help him out.

Other thing is caanoo has g-sensor,pivot function,vibrating motor,seriously these features should have been in pandora,end of day it's upto a person what you like and what you want to do with a device, someone properly wants to play games and multimedia features that's caanoo then if you want to more then get pandora,which is mini laptop.

Caanoo is landscape styled console,which you can play without any problems.

Pandora is an clamshell device with keyboard at the bottom.

If you don't want a console with keyboard,get a caanoo, then it depends on the person tastes what consoles you want and what kind of things are available on it,if you want more apps,emulators,pc games you will need a pandora to suit your needs.

Back