G-sensor

There's still the Freerunner Navigation Board, v3 is supposed to support the Pandora and there's some snuggly place for it inside the case as well. (Pics @ gp2x.de)

Rather expensive (produced in small amounts) and kind of overkill, though.

There's still the Freerunner Navigation Board, v3 is supposed to support the Pandora and there's some snuggly place for it inside the case as well. (Pics @ gp2x.de)

Rather expensive (produced in small amounts) and kind of overkill, though.

Ah I see it just uses the I2C interface like that chip does, but also has:

• 3D Gyroscope ITG-3200
  • 3D Magnetometer HMC5883L
  • Air pressure/temperature sensor BMP085
  • Accelerometer BMA180

This is pretty slick and has all the supporting circuitry done already.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ now that's very cool. should be standard on the Pandora 2 no? ;)

^ now that's very cool. should be standard on the Pandora 2 no? ;)
If the unnamed future console I'm not mentioning at all, remains a viable piece of kit for as long as the Pandora 1 has, we will need lots of cool hardware to keep the awesome rolling, if we covered the MNPHMUMPH with random sensors/buttons/sockets (e.g. one of those ^) then they will be used. Hopefully the Hello World :) !will be able to establish itself as the most hackable piece of kit that you can carry around in everyday life. "bored? then code something cool with the thermometer, the screen angle detector, and the infra-red tranciever." <goes and mutters about extendable hardware being a good idea....>

Does pandora have a g-spot?

:D

(this is not by any means an attack to ocean's legitimate question, it's only a funny thing :p )

Sounds like someone that never experienced the pink tint of death.

LOL ! I'm virgin on this type of things, I never had a pandora experience at all... (but I dream of it all the nights :p )

I think that an accelerometer might be a very useful addition, BUT the use of it's functionality might be pondered very well... That can be very useful for interactions on single applications/games, but not for the entire environment as they do with smartphone... I prefere to rotate the pandora in every direction with the interface standing still, for example if I want to play lying on my side

(anyway I still think that the manual graphic rotation might be useful)

Back