Galaga 88 For Mame?

blakespot

Still Fresh
I actually own a broken Galaga 88 cabinet - doubt I will ever have it restored. But I'd like to play it on MAME, but no copy of the ROMs I've found works w/ GP2X MAME. Anyone know where one lives?

Tnx.

blakespot

You aren't allowed to ask for ROMS here.

Had you read the forum rules, you would have known that.

What the crud? He didn't even read the gameslist.txt that came with the emu?

Sheesh ...

And it's a bitch to add support for it too.
For some reason the 6809 CPU emulation is dead slow for MAME and this machine has three of 'em.
On top of that there is a 4th 6809 derivative CPU which isn't supported in 0.34/0.35 MAME.

blakespot said:
I actually own a broken Galaga 88 cabinet - doubt I will ever have it restored. But I'd like to play it on MAME, but no copy of the ROMs I've found works w/ GP2X MAME. Anyone know where one lives?

Tnx.
blakespot
the 'ol "I have the real thing!" pretext and then the inevitable "...so anyone have the rom?"

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Fat Agnus said:
blakespot said:

Tnx.
blakespot
the 'ol "I have the real thing!" pretext and then the inevitable "...so anyone have the rom?"

:D

Christ, sorry I asked.

blakespot

Before this topic meets its likely demise, I'd like to point out that the port of galaga 88 to the PC Engine / TurboGrafix is nearly arcade perfect. Only issues are with sound but it is good enough for me.

Auritribe said:
Before this topic meets its likely demise, I'd like to point out that the port of galaga 88 to the PC Engine / TurboGrafix is nearly arcade perfect. Only issues are with sound but it is good enough for me.
Yes and no. Depends on how much of a perfectionist you are.

Behold

If you didn't have the benefit of seeing them side-by-side you'd think the PC Engine version was pretty good - and it is - but it's not "arcade perfect".

Playability is great though and it's a great conversion in it's own right given PC Engine limitations.

Pity there's no open source Sharp x68000 emulator :angry:

slaanesh said:
Auritribe said:

Behold

If you didn't have the benefit of seeing them side-by-side you'd think the PC Engine version was pretty good - and it is - but it's not "arcade perfect".

Playability is great though and it's a great conversion in it's own right given PC Engine limitations.

Point taken.

slaanesh said:
Auritribe said:

Behold

is this not one ?

http://www.vx68k.org/vx68k/

sry if its been posted before, is there any reason that wouldnt work ?

Edit : although that site seems to be legit, i cannot get the ftp or any of the links to work properly : (

some more x68 emus with sourcecode here http://www.zophar.net/x68000.html

Back