Game Editor Works On Gp2x Now!!!

MrHillBilly

Still Fresh
screen1_small.jpg
I just wanted to pass along that Game Editor now works with the GP2X. You can create your own games fast and easy. Check it out

http://game-editor.com/
[CUT]
Info:
Game Editor is the game design software that gives you the power to create the games of your dreams, with little or no programming or technical knowledge required.

Game Editor lets you design and develop 2D games for personal computers and mobile devices. No need to worry about system issues or compatibility, no need to do anything other than come up with the ideas! Game developing has never been easier!
source: http://game-editor.com/
[/CUT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Draken posted on Aug 23 2006 at 09:17 AM said:
Whoa, awesome. :D
Too bad it's shareware.
$25 seems very reasonable to me. You get a month to figure out if you like it.

Do you create the games in the Windows/Linux-environment, or do you have to do it on the GP2X?

Montsubai posted on Aug 23 2006 at 09:55 AM said:
Do you create the games in the Windows/Linux-environment, or do you have to do it on the GP2X?
I believe you make your game in a Windows environment then generate the executable for whatever target platform you want (including the gp2x).

It runs on Windows or Linux. The full version will create a file that will run on the gp2x. The shareware version will only create files that run on the pc you're working on. It looks very interesting, as I have no coding skills beyond BASIC. I'll check out the shareware, and if I can do something interesting with it, I'll pick up the full version. $25 isn't a bad price if I can make something I would play or find entertaining.

I'm watching the tutorial on making a space invaders clone, and this looks like something I can use. :D I'm off to find some free sprites.

Quiest posted on Aug 23 2006 at 12:09 PM said:
Didn't come with a tutorial or readme. I might as well continue learning how to program. ;)

OMars posted on Aug 23 2006 at 12:39 PM said:
Didn't come with a tutorial or readme. I might as well continue learning how to program. ;)
Ummm, tried "Documentation" link on the main page of the site? It seems to have a wonderful walkthrough.

ingrin posted on Aug 23 2006 at 01:45 PM said:
OMars posted on Aug 23 2006 at 12:39 PM said:
Ummm, tried "Documentation" link on the main page of the site? It seems to have a wonderful walkthrough.

It does have docs and tutorials. The tutorials are automated. After you download the program click on help and you can watch about 20 tutorials.

Also the only demos that are avail now are for Windows.

The demo is only good for exporting to windows, the full version will export to the GP2X. I should have a simple game done here in about a day or two that you can check out. All the test files I was trying for him worked the same as they did on window.

Just in theory, could one buy the full version, compile loads of game-editor games that are compiled for Windows for the GP2x (i mean the ones that are already avaible) and then upload them, so that anybody could play them on their gp2x's !?

question 1 is if that would work!?
question 2 is if that would be illegal or still legal !?

Back