New Version Of Game Editor Is Out

MrHillBilly

Still Fresh
I just wanted to let everyone know that a new version of Game Editor is out. The best part is that the engine for the GP2X has been redone, it is A LOT faster now. Most games are running about 30 FPS with out overcloking.

Check it out at http://game-editor.com/

Mr 2X said:
What games are been created or ported using Game Editor for GP2X?
Game Editor is a creation program, you need to make the games, it just makes it easier.

In the GP2X files section, there are a few games that I konw were Game Editor games.

BearOids (My bad attempt at a Asteroids clone) The new version runs this one at 30FPS without any trouble it is running about 22FPS right now. It will make better games than this, but this was my first one I ever completed.

There are some more but I can not think of what they are right now.

There is a demo version that you can download and try out.

I will see if I can find you some more. I know they are there just not what they were called.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey all! I jumped in and bought the Game Editor thing to make gp2x games. It's VERY cool.

After 3 hours of puttering around I have a bunch of oids animating around and some of the messages and sounds going. I'm pretty sure I can have a commercial game ready in about 2 weeks with this I think. Seems to work well, and the author is promising getting both processors working eventually.

ozgrab1.gif

It'll look like this soon I hope!

Here's a gpe file Oidzone first gp2x test

you can't do anything yet but watch it, and you can't exit without switchoff. (I don't know how to do it yet!) But it's a good start for 3 hours starting from scratch.

not much. The only code I have in the sample above is:

if (x<-160)
x=72;

if (x>72)
x=-160;

if (y<-120)
y=120;

if (y>120)
y=-120;

just to tell the asteroids where to go when they go off screen.

The final game will have a bit of code, but nothing particularly hard, and the game-editor message boards are full of experts (i.e. 14 year old kids) who love to play games and will help you write whatever code you need.

I posted an update, and a downloadable demo in HomeBrew! You can't play it yet, but you can watch it and ooh and ah at it's oidiness!

Here's a couple of gp2x screen shot
screenshot1.jpg
screenshot.jpg

The speed is very good. Even with 20+ things animating with overlays it's still giving me good performance. I'm excited.

Back