Game Problem With Castaway

0-bake

hi,

i have a question about a game, but i think, it isn't the game itself, it's because it is in high resolution.
the game (public domain, http://www.computerbase.de/lexikon/Bouncing_Bubbles) is called "bouncing Bubbles".
it's really fun and such a simple game, but loading it in castaway, the screen messes up and it isn't displayed properly :(

so are high-resolution games a general issue in castaway, or is there a trick to scale the display or something else?

I don't think I ever bothered to add a high res mode; its doable, but would look pretty nasty (scaling down from 640x400 to 320x200). Try getting the screenshot and shrink it in both dimensions by 50% and let us know how it looks; if it looks any good, I could look into adding it.

jeff

thanks, okay, i didn't knew that.
i had a ST for about 2 years or so (many years ago, of course), but i just had a black/white monitor, so i really don't know any color games. and i play just some simple PD games, like the mentioned bouncing bubbles.
but some of those games have so simple graphics that a scale won't look too bad. and the good thing is that the scale is 4:1 and not a strange ratio.

Probably not worth bothering with. There was hardly any high-res games as the ST needed a separate monitor to display HR. Not to common.

Wasn't there a program that allowed you to use high res games / utils if you didn't have a high res monitor??

Maybe Castaway can use that?

Edit: Just found the program Sebra which you can download here :

Sebra.tos

Adios,
Matt

Hi Skeezix,

The screen shots look amazing, my mouth is salivating, I'm ready to go, but wait... what is an st? I never had one, am completly new to emulating, but loving so much what I've got to run so far (it's amazing!!! :D )!

Could you point me to an idiots guide to using the ST loading system etc? I hate to ask cos I have asked so many qestions already (and recieved some amazing help :) ), but for a newbie like me it's all so new. I have read your readme guide, and am almost there, but when I use castaway, i get a message saying that there is nothing loaded. Have I downloaded bad files? (not that I did download any files....cof cof).

Blimey, I hate to ask.....

Thanks

Lubi

@matty jetman

what should i do with this file? i packed it into a disk image, but after i double-clicked it, it just says "extracting sebra.doc" and thats it. there's a file called "sebra.doc" after that.

any suggestions ???

There were a few utilities that would fake a high res display on a medium res one (they did the 2:1 switch for you), though they tended to be crazy slow. I was lucky enough to have both monitors when i was a kid though, and was good at switching back and forth :)

I can look into a high res mode, just need to keep reminding me ;) I was sure I implemented one, too, at some point.. ah well :)

jeff

Back