Game Programming In 'fenix'

P-J

Website
www.philunderhill.co.uk
Now, I imagine a lot of developers shuddered when they read the title!

While I know C/C++ is the tool of choice for coding, I'm not able to code C++ and I don't really have the time to learn. I've been 'cocking about' in Fenix and made a few test programs for the GP2X. All I really want to know is whether Fenix on the GP2X is a viable solution to make relatively straightforward 2D games.

Or is it extremely slow, bug-ridden or has any other show-stoppers? I just don't want to get into a big project and find out the GP2X port is, how do you say, notta-so-good :)

//edit: Any tips for developers new to Fenix would be cool too. Pitfalls to avoid and the best things to know about :)

mrsnature said:
Have a go and you can see for yourself the capabilites of using fenix :)
I didn't realise that game was done in Fenix! I already have it on my GP2X.

In that case I'm sold!

(That game looks better every time I see it!)

Last edited by a moderator:
In fact, some of the best games in GBAX'07 were writen in Fenix: Blocked, Boomshine and Ruckman, for example.

Other classical games that I'm sure you played are also of the fenix family: Ghostpix and Protozoa.

rokdcasbah said:
also floaters and unicolor.
Those are very good games but they were actually written in SDL, all other games by Quiest are written in Fenix though I believe.

juanvvc said:
In fact, some of the best games in GBAX'07 were writen in Fenix: Blocked, Boomshine and Ruckman, for example.

Other classical games that I'm sure you played are also of the fenix family: Ghostpix and Protozoa.
Thank you for calling mine one of the best :)

Back