Game Tablature.

clarky2o2o

Im (slowly) learning the guitar. but id really like to practise on game music (generally simple) does anyone know any good sites that have soemthing other than zelda. lol

Sorry for hijacking the thread for a moment, but does anyone know any relatively simple things (like videogame music as said :p ) to play on guitar? (I'll try out the mgs theme)

I've started playing last week (Trying to learn chords, finger fastness, etc, I can play a few camp songs but that has nearly no sattisfaction) on a guitar I borrowed.
Once I have some money (and I got my gp2x...), I'll get a quality guitar (Gibson Les Paul?) and call her Lucille. :)

I am learning guitar at the moment too... well, I've started several months ago, but I'm not too good yet ;)

If you seriously want to learn, I'd advise you to get a teacher. I did and it works out really well - I told him what kind of music I like and mere months later I can already some of my favourite songs :D

For some simple songs, most are actually what you called "Camp songs" ;) Try Yankee Doodle, Aura Lee, Oh Susanna, Freude schöner Götterfunken; if you like StrongBad, play "TROGDOR", that one's pretty easy as long as you ignore "Squeegly vs Meegly" ;)

If you're just starting, try to stay within the first four frets... you won't need to shift your hand which is definitely a plus for a beginner.

I descided to learn the guitar too but the day i got my guitar i had an accident injuring both hands so even playing smoke on the water is incredibly hard :D .

oh and i checked ultimate-guitar.com last week they have some awsome lessons to learn

Haha, that reminds me, I got bored the other day and started writing out some Little Big Adventure music. I am half-way through writing out the white leaf desert music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe eventually we'll have to get some p2p made especially for tabs. God. That would be low.

AcidiC posted on Aug 30 2006 at 06:32 AM said:
One of my strings broke 2 years ago, and I haven't played since :p
Now that's wat I call hard work and dedication!

@ Anonymous D

Halo Theme tab(and its actually pretttttty easy)

Myself, I've been playing the guitar for a really long time, I started with a teacher that teached me the basics. I was between seven and 9 then, so it was just how to hold the guitar, how to pick, play the basic open chords.. After some time I started playing to ac/dc songs. Just listening to them and then play the chords in the right rhythm. Very useful. Later I found a page with some good exercises with paganini things and so I started to learn to play fast. Maybe half a year I just trained playing fast and that actually worked nice.
I've been playing in some bands by then, but what helped me best was a really good band we've founded later. All very talented musicians, selfwritten songs etc. You'll learn much more if you're jamming half an hour than if you're trying to play some songs by other musicians alone to a metronome.

The best tab-software probably is guitar pro. I just saw it at a friends house, it shows you the fretboard, the tabs and also outputs a midi or a mp3 file ( with real guitars ).

DaveN posted on Sep 5 2006 at 02:43 PM said:
The best tab-software probably is guitar pro. I just saw it at a friends house, it shows you the fretboard, the tabs and also outputs a midi or a mp3 file ( with real guitars ).
Seconded. And especially with the huge tab packs around for it.

Hanz™ posted on Sep 5 2006 at 02:55 PM said:
DaveN posted on Sep 5 2006 at 02:43 PM said:
Seconded. And especially with the huge tab packs around for it.

what kind fo guitars does it cover accoustic or electric

Actually Both, but you just would have to find the acoustic-tabs.

Seriously, it's a tab-software.

Code:
---3-------
---3-------
---4-------
---5-------
---5-------
---3-------
Tell me about this, is it for an acoustic or for an electric guitar?

Edit:
If you've meant the way it plays the tab, it supports midi-playback and as well real guitar sounds, for both there are a lot of options avaible. Acoustic, a Leslie cabinet ( I think ), old Fender amps, a western guitar etc.

I play by ear. (on the piano, that is) Advantages include playing any song on demand, not having to find sheet music, and being able to improvise around any song at will. Also, I couldn't be bothered to learn how to read music (at some point I'll probably start learning).

Give it a try; you'll pick it up pretty quickly.

Draken posted on Aug 28 2006 at 08:34 PM said:
Sorry for hijacking the thread for a moment, but does anyone know any relatively simple things (like videogame music as said :p ) to play on guitar? (I'll try out the mgs theme)

I've started playing last week (Trying to learn chords, finger fastness, etc, I can play a few camp songs but that has nearly no sattisfaction) on a guitar I borrowed.
Once I have some money (and I got my gp2x...), I'll get a quality guitar (Gibson Les Paul?) and call her Lucille. :)
You should probably get an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I have one in trans-blue and they are excellent, an d have great tone. You can get them for about £300 new.

Back