Gameboy Advance

euro48k

Website
Visit site
noticed something ..
@ gamespot dot com and eurogamer (examples) the GBA games section is missing ..
"pc xbox360 wii ps3 ps2 psp ds" are the only ones left ..
the little gameboy advance is dead ? :blink:
you can still find reviews and news about that ..but not from the "front page"

ps.
i tought i`m in "off topic" but realise now that i'm in off topic / pandora ..
sorry ..

Same with IGN.com
As I remember old pages there is still exists.

But GBA have great library of games that can keep you for a rest of a life :D

I belive (my suggestion) Nintendo is making next GameBoy, and releasing DSi only to buy some time :)
My little prediction that resolution is going to be the 480 x 320 so GBA games will have good time scaling.

Username said:
They still have them on IGN, you just have to click the "other consoles" link somewhere around there.

while we are on the subject, does anybody know if mother and mother 2 for gba will ever come to north america? It exsists but only in japanese. I love earthbound and wanted to know if anyone knows about the status of this or if it is coming at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is dead subject on ign . eurogamer . gamespot ..
ign gameboy feature is a 25 year aniversary + some top ten gba games ..
is this device dead ?

mother is released as "earth bound" for US ?

euro48k said:
is this device dead ?

Is it not popular anymore? I still play my copy of Warioland 4 (great game if you haven't played it already).

GBA had not enough processing power (and sadly the DS still isn't up to par). Unfortunately the games are very expensive and not very good in general.

I am still surprised that it is old/out of date, at Play-Asia they put it in the older stuff category too.

In japan, they releasded a compilation for mother+mother2 gba its called mother1+2, in one game pack for gba. It was mother(earthbound zero and mother 2 (earthbound) It is available in the us if you bought if from play-asia. The whole thing is in japanese. You would need to (a) know japanese or (B) find a copy and translate it. Since I love earthbound so much,I am angry that They didn't relaease it in north america. If everybody rallied together maybe we could start a petition....... or something.
Also they relaeased mother 3 in japan. Only the whole thing is in japanese. once again (a) buy a copy and know japanese (B) find a copy and translate it. For earthbound if you know everything about the game maybe you can get through it even though its in Japanese.

I can't see Nintendo letting a cash cow like the Gameboy Advance die off. I'm sure with the release of the DSi, Nintendo will sell Gameboy Advance games for downloading onto the DSi.

The second a console gets buried 6 feet under is when I grab the shovel and go gravediggin'. :p I loved my GBA when I played it a lot, and I've already got a great mod in mind involving a GBA Micro and a SuperCard SD... :p

euro48k said:
is this device dead ?

No. But we don't need them to, see here:

http://mother3.fobby.net/

Almost done, and looking to be one of the finest fan translation hacks ever done.

As for GBA, yes it's dead as far as new software goes. But its legacy will live on thanks to its wonderful library of quality games.

Prophet said:
euro48k said:
is this device dead ?

No. But we don't need them to, see here:

http://mother3.fobby.net/

Almost done, and looking to be one of the finest fan translation hacks ever done.

As for GBA, yes it's dead as far as new software goes. But its legacy will live on thanks to its wonderful library of quality games.

I wanted to know how the translation is going with mother 2 (gba) (earthbound) is going, but from what I heard that is dead, however, there is a translation (earthbound zero) a complete translation for earthbound very nice it is.

I've been waiting for that Mother 3 translation for so long. I hope it gets done...must be a lot of work.

geo12 said:
I've been waiting for that Mother 3 translation for so long. I hope it gets done...must be a lot of work.
I think they finished it this week.
Woo.

Since GBA is not dead, then let's post the game you currently playing on it...

Me playing FF V, and next one is going to be the SummonNight: SwordCraft Story

Pokemon Shin Gold (A remake of pokemon gold in the fire red/leaf green engine).

Such an epic game. :D

I'm currently replaying The Golden Sun games. I'm about a third of the way into the second game having completed the first a week ago. These two games rank along side the best SNES RPGs. I love them.

Holy shit, gravedigging. I have not been playing too much of anything lately, but when I pick up my GBA, I have been playing NHL 2002 as the Habs and the Oil. Not sure what I am going to do when I get them both to the Cup finals. Also Final Fantasy VI. I have been wanting to play through the GBA Metroids again but I don't want to start a game and only play it halfway through. I am hoping to play Mother 3 when I finish FF6, but who knows when that will be.

Currently playing Summon Night : SwordCraft Story
Awesome action-rpg with some nice nonlinear stuff :)

After that going to play GBA first person shooters - ballistics, dark arena, ice nine, e.t.c.

Damn! Just read in Wikipedia that "Ice Nine" is realy is :)

Just bought myself a GBA micro. A brilliant stuff. Now busting out with SIMS...

Back