Gamemaker On The Gp2x?

Rob

Website
Visit site
Hi guys! I was thinking of new ineteresting ways to put the GP2X's homebrew ahead of the rest and I thought that if some of you can possibly make a simple gamemaker on the GP2X that allows you to choose from various game styles, objects and backgrounds in order to create your own game (few levels long) it will be cool, very innovative and definetely addictive so I was wondering if some of the devs are interested enough to make it?

Man that would be so awsome!

I hope someone comes up with this, or I will just be enjoying the l33t's work as usual

Would be interesting. I'd settle for a PC application that allowed you to make a game, and then download it to the GP2x for testing.

chances are if there was a PC app it'd be in Linux. But supposing stuff likeVNS, Zot! and Fenix get ported it's a start. The thing is I keep thinking if it were easy to do it would have happened... actually it kinda did with the Gigas engine but I guess the creator just gave up on it and the GP32 so it probably wont see the light of day on the GP2X unless someone else has the source.

I emailed Clickteam a few months ago ( http://www.clickteam.com ) and they said they still would like to make an app to play Multimedia Fusion games on Gp32. They also said GP2X was possible in the future, but right now it was all speculative because their main concern is finishing work on MF 2.0.

But if that ever happens, then it would be a very powerful game design app for GP2X users without programming skills.

Concidering how Clickteam dissed the GP32 recently I doubt they'll be looking to hard at the 2X. Pygame looks interesting though... might start reading up on it myself if it's really getting ported!

How/when did they diss the Gp32?

Are you sure it was Clickteam devs, or just those kids who run that Clickteam fansite ("The Daily Click")? Doesn't matter what they think, just matters what the devs think.

Ah I see, yes you're right. That does appear to be from the devs themselves. <_< Well, I think the GP2X will be an even more attractive platform for them to consider, so maybe they'll consider it later on. The GP2X has wider appeal than the Gp32 did, so let's hope it sells well enough to warrant more attention than GP32 got.

Seems to me that they would be interested in GP2X if it sells enough so it may be possible.

Wouldn't be surpriced if I put together some kind of game making software as I've been thinking about doing so for Windows. Nothing extremly advanced but something easy and fun to use.

Why not support the Wub's GP32 SEUCK type tool ? Wub's SEUCK
Let's put him forward for the Dev's Fund, get him a GPx2 and get him to port it. He is still enhancing it. It will be great - and you can start learning to use it now.

Just wondered how hard it would be to port a program from Linux to the GP2X if all the source code is available. Blitz Max creates applications for Windows, Linux and Mac OS.

Wub SEUCK? what the... I didn't even know it existed... this bares investigating... on a similar note there's also Dezaemon for NES and SNES though I'm not sure how you could trade the made games unless you upload your save states or Sram maybe...

This may work if you focus the program to a specific genre of game. For example, make a strategy game maker that allows you to build maps, etc. In Warcraft 3, Blizz lets you create you're own maps and mini games.

Just do something like FireEmblem off of GBA and make it so you can pick the type of terrain, units, weapons, props, etc. on a grid style map. Gameplay would have to come predesigned though.

It would be relatively easy to create something like that in Blitz Max but i don't know if it would work on the GP2X. It generates executables that can be run on Linux and the source code for Blitz Max is available if you purchase the language. This leads me to believe that it may be possible to run games/apps made in Blitz basic on the GP2X.

Anyone have any ideas regarding this?

Korup7 posted on Oct 9 2005 at 11:53 AM said:
This may work if you focus the program to a specific genre of game. For example, make a strategy game maker that allows you to build maps, etc. In Warcraft 3, Blizz lets you create you're own maps and mini games.

Just do something like FireEmblem off of GBA and make it so you can pick the type of terrain, units, weapons, props, etc. on a grid style map. Gameplay would have to come predesigned though.

Kinda like Aquafish's GPwar. I think you were allowed to create your own unit graphics but I forget, it's been a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back