gamepad in a mouse... WHAAAA?

I have to admit that I like how the Genius Navigator 365 looks. If I had need for a mouse (I don't - I have a TrackPoint :D ), I might be tempted to pick one of those up.

Not exactly a new idea, there is allready the Genius Navigator 365 from Evergreen

It looks even worse, though

20165109.jpg

This one doesn't seem as bad as the one in the OP. Maybe it's just because I have ridiculously large hands, with disproportionately long thumbs, but that other one looks completely unusable.

Ideally though, I would just rather have a gamepad that isn't in a mouse. That way it isn't shaped like a mouse.

I think that device is Awesome. I dont really understand why a group of mobile gaming geeks would have soo much bad to say about this. I am a backpacker and my plan desire for pandora is its portability, play game on the train to school, do my work on the pandora then play on the way home and use the tv out and a small lcd to continue work. I have been waiting for something like this, along with a portable keyboad, which has a large market. I say forget the looks you would get from the mainstream "Look at my new iphone 5000 and 12, check out this [DEMO] game becuase im a cheap ass" crowd. Luckily ive never been a very competative man, otherwise I would have already beat up some of my friends Iv showed the pandora too . When people try to talk smack about my 1990's looking handheld and the mouse/gamepad im using, ill just ask if they enjoy playing the same demo's over and over while I turn on Super Smash Brothers, hand them the mouse and ask if they want to play Two players. Find a empty classroom with a projector and the rest is just envy. I get so aggravated when I find a gadget online and the comments say "OMG, What will Mr and Mrs. Jones think when they see this, There is no commercial on t.v. for this thing. Ive never seen it at wal-mart."

People are stupid and easily persuaded.

The Pandora Is going to Revolutionise The Handheld World. Espically when Linux becomes the primary operating system and more people start dumping Microsoft Windows. :p

It doesn't look extremely comfortable to hold, but having not held it, I can't say for sure. The Pandora is frankly not very comfortable to hold either.

What I can say is that I see several advantages to this. Portability being one of them, and USB being another. The Pandora has two USB ports, only one of which is regular size.

Will I buy one? Probably not. Do I see any reason to mock anyone who'd wanna buy one? Certainly not. If you feel you'd get more out of your Pandora with a mouse and an external game controller, this makes a lot of sense if you carry your stuff around in a camera bag or something, where you can't fit many objects, or if you just prefer to not have to unplug things and tie the cords up every time you wanna switch between using a mouse and playing a two-player game.

Seems quite handy to me.

In my honest personal opinion and experience, Pandora is extremely comfortable to hold. I can play games on Pandora forever without cramping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we don't have the same type of hands. I should perhaps add that I can't even hold a pencil comfortably. Let alone a Pandora. Which is why I fashioned a makeshift comfort grip from the shell of a broken N64 controller.

I see. Well, I have semi-small (girlish) Asian hands. The Nintendo GameCube controller to fits my hands perfectly like a glove that is customized to fit perfectly with you hands size.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my honest personal opinion and experience, Pandora is extremely comfortable to hold. I can play games on Pandora forever without cramping.
I find the Pandora equally comfortable as a PS DualShock controller. And I like the Pandora a little bit more simply because of the pimping D-Pad. I do miss R2 L2 though.

... my hands perfectly ... [tug] on a penis.
:blink:

Back