Gamepark Selling Games Directly, Online!

Hi Guys

I was interested to read this news and went onto the Gamepark site to download Pinball Dreams. My old account and username is still there but I need to authenticate my GP32 apparently which seems to involve downloading PC software. I have a Mac, so I don't think it's going to work - is there any way to authenticate my GP32 without a PC or to just download the game elsewhere? I'd love to play it again as I've done the dem to death and I'd like to start getting familiar with some of the commerical releases rather than just emulation & homebrew.

As a keen GP32 user, I have been a little disppointed at finally taking the plunge to support native commercial games only to find it is a complicated affair in broken english, not exactly welcoming trade with open arms there are they?...

Any ideas? Any other Macintosh users managed it?

®

well maybe i will give Her Knights a try. The demo is extremely horrible, I have dungeon and guarder and it is 10 times better than the demo of Her Knights, but since I've read this post, maybe i will take a chance on the full version not sucking as much as the demo.

bought Her Knight's and I can't download more than about 3 mb :(
Dissapointed as hell!

Now the download works! Nice game :)
Already have Super Plusha, Pinball Dreams, Guarder sometin and Treasure Island and I have to say that this game seems to better than all of those. Even though Pinball Dreams is fun as hell! :) Dungeon and Guarder is nice too! All worth a try

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys

I was interested to read this news and went onto the Gamepark site to download Pinball Dreams. My old account and username is still there but I need to authenticate my GP32 apparently which seems to involve downloading PC software. I have a Mac, so I don't think it's going to work - is there any way to authenticate my GP32 without a PC or to just download the game elsewhere? I'd love to play it again as I've done the dem to death and I'd like to start getting familiar with some of the commerical releases rather than just emulation & homebrew.

As a keen GP32 user, I have been a little disppointed at finally taking the plunge to support native commercial games only to find it is a complicated affair in broken english, not exactly welcoming trade with open arms there are they?...

Any ideas? Any other Macintosh users managed it?

®

Annoying as it may be to say, the easiest way to get around no mac software being there would perhaps be to take your GP32 round a mate's and do it there. Or an internet cafe. Or somewhere.

Alternatively try emailing in your ID (grab it using GPS2, DarkFader's old proggy) and hope they understand, or try reverse engineering the software to make a Mac version (if your programming skills are that good at least - I imagine there aren't that many who could tbh).

Probably the first option is the easiest one, though...

Bugger.

I suspected as much, just thought they might have catered for the non-PC crowd somehow seeing as their machine is aimed at the open minded open source community.

Well I do have Virtual PC, but I'm not sure I trust that with an online transaction and a reasonably large download. I'll be visiting my parents place at the weekend so I'll jump on their PC there and have a go then.

Cheers!

®

Managed to download more than 5Mb but it finished downloading at 9.84 dammit! I installed the file using GP Package Extractor but it just resets my GP32 :(

I'm off to try again.

EDIT: Same again. *sigh* Hopefully Gamepark will allow mo download the extra 1Mb within the next week :rolleyes:

Bugger.

I suspected as much, just thought they might have catered for the non-PC crowd somehow seeing as their machine is aimed at the open minded open source community.

Well I do have Virtual PC, but I'm not sure I trust that with an online transaction and a reasonably large download. I'll be visiting my parents place at the weekend so I'll jump on their PC there and have a go then.

Cheers!

®

You can actually check it's worked tbh. Fairly simple too... Remember Freelauncher, that program everyone used to need to open .fxes? Well you can't download that until you've authenticated your GP32.

So it should be easy to experiment - authenticate using VirtualPC, try to get Freelauncher, then (if it works), you're fine to buy games.

I needed to do something similar since I've had another GP32 registered before (non-lit, got lost and/or stolen) and I did NOT want to buy games that turned out to be encrypted for that!

I got it working third or fourth time around using GP Manager, thanks for the advice! For some reason it reset my GP32 during instalation the first couple of times...

Anyway, had a quick blast and first impressions are good. The controls are difficult to get to grips with but there's obviously a lot to learn here; go in with button-mashing attitude and you'll end up face-down on the floor in no time.

Ah, finally got Her Knights working. 9.84 appears to be the appropriate file size and it is already in English for those who were wondering.
Right. This version is probably the same version as the European boxed release. The menu's are also in English, so it's not a Korean version with that patch applied to it. There are some text wrapping bugs though.

OK, so as I use a Mac, I waited until the weekend when I visited my parents and used their PC to authenticate my GP32 on the Gamepark site and download Pinball Dreams. Unfortunately I'm now back home and don't have any software for the Mac which will install the ZPK file so I'm still stuck! Virtual PC doesn't seem to work with the USB link either so does anyone know how I can actually play my game?

®

OK, so as I use a Mac, I waited until the weekend when I visited my parents and used their PC to authenticate my GP32 on the Gamepark site and download Pinball Dreams. Unfortunately I'm now back home and don't have any software for the Mac which will install the ZPK file so I'm still stuck! Virtual PC doesn't seem to work with the USB link either so does anyone know how I can actually play my game?

®
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=...nG=Search&meta=

Yeah, I've tried both the Mac apps for this sort of thing on the GP32x File Archive, MacLinker doesn't seem to allow me to specify the ZPK file on my Mac, and iGP32 actually corrupted my SMC when I tried it! The reason I haven't posted in the Mac forum is I was hoping there was a GP32 native option, a program to install a ZPK or FPK from the GP32 itself and then I can keep it simple and not mess about with USB links and GP32 Manager software etc...?

®

Back