Games Came And Went At .openhandhelds.org

paul3100

Hi all

I like a sad person check daily/ hourly lol for any new games emulators or whatever on .openhandhelds.org the file archive and was surprised yesterday to see in the games section a few new games added such as.

Out zone
Snowbros
Snowbros 2
Demonds
hellfire

But checking this morning for anything else iv noticed the games listed above have vanished! anyone know why they would have been taken down?

Also where is the best places (apart from here or course ) for new software for the caanoo or other info sites?

Ps i have the games listed above if anyone needs them

paul3100

Those games were sent with review and developer caanoo systems, and were just to demonstrate what the Caanoo can do.
They're DRM free versions of FunGP software and are not meant to be publically distributed.
Whoever uploaded them to the archive, did so illegally.

Ah ok makes sense i guess

most of the games seem to be emulated from some sort of mame emulator as the games load the same way and you have to insert credit to play! so even with those games taken down you could still play them on the caanoo mame emulator with legally obtained roms.

paul3100

Pretty much.
GPH trying to sell arcade toaplan titles on FunGP is pretty vain, considering MAME exists.

paul3100 said:
Hi all

I like a sad person check daily/ hourly lol for any new games emulators or whatever on .openhandhelds.org the file archive and was surprised yesterday to see in the games section a few new games added such as.

Out zone
Snowbros
Snowbros 2
Demonds
hellfire

But checking this morning for anything else iv noticed the games listed above have vanished! anyone know why they would have been taken down?

Also where is the best places (apart from here or course ) for new software for the caanoo or other info sites?

Ps i have the games listed above if anyone needs them

paul3100

They have no rights to list those games, those game are copyrighted.

Last edited by a moderator:
RupeeClock said:
Pretty much.
GPH trying to sell arcade toaplan titles on FunGP is pretty vain, considering MAME exists.

True, the only difference is that the FunGP versions are licensed, although at least Snow Bros 2 still nagged about you being in violation of copyright law if you played it outside of Japan :p

just been looking on fungp and saw all the games apart from snow bros 1 , oh well i got something for free :)

I think for an app store though these are rubbish and i wouldn't waste any money purchasing them!

Sorry to ask another question but is the pc manager software compatible with windows 7? it opens then closes with my copy of win 7
Also i downloaded the free game from fungp app store and wonder how to get it onto my caanoo other than using the gp manager software?

paul3100

paul3100 said:
just been looking on fungp and saw all the games apart from snow bros 1 , oh well i got something for free :)

I think for an app store though these are rubbish and i wouldn't waste any money purchasing them!

Sorry to ask another question but is the pc manager software compatible with windows 7? it opens then closes with my copy of win 7
Also i downloaded the free game from fungp app store and wonder how to get it onto my caanoo other than using the gp manager software?

paul3100

That PC Manager affair is junk, i can't get it to work properly neighter, and i'm not alone. You can start it by editing an .ini file in the Application's directory, there is a section in that file regarding updates with an url, changing that URL to http://127.0.0.1 (localhost) forces the application to start & allows you to register your Caanoo/Wiz, but it won't transfer the game successfully to your device.

Peter R said:
I'm sure that changing this URL (unless it is for some non-critical/useless purpose) itself will in some way break the functionality of the software.

That's what i suspect too, it's the connection with the DRM servers, so i suspect that doing this prevents the prover activation of games

Back