Games Don't Work!!!!

tonysnk

Still Fresh
hi guys,

I've a GP32 BLU, this is my first topic, and I've two questions:

- I've tried to format my smc and reinstalled Giana's Return, but if I load the game, it reboot my gp32........it's a problem that I see with all the gp32 games; I must install the runtime for *.fxe? Or I must flash my bios?

- I've installed Mr. MD and it doesn't read zipped roms........it's normal? I?ve unzipped the roms and for many of these it's the same problem!

I've dropped in GPMM directory the emulator, I've launched it..........it has created his directory 'DRMD', but nothing changes.........
I must set any *.ini file or *.log file?

thank you in advance........ ;)

the only runtime you need is for Fenix games and Gianas is not a Fenix game, flashing your bios should not be required to run any game/program/app. What firmware came installed on your GP32?

DRMD doesn't support zip files that i'm aware of, i have my roms in a folder under GPMM\Genesis and it finds them and runs fine.

of course DrMD does support zipped files. but only one per archive!

I'll answer at all, thank you.

- yes, the megadrive directory is 'Genesis', where I place the roms;
- I copied only the *.fxe Giana's in the 'Games' directory;
- I've only one rom per archive *.zip;
- I'm using the 1.0 version;

What's happening to my GP32?

thanks again :lol:

Also bear in mind that, when it comes to Zip compression, zlib almost certainly doesn't have the ability to decode some of the newer zip files' compression routines - so if you're using Winzip 9, make sure you select normal as the compression quantity. One of the maximums probably does work, but I can't remember which; if normal doesn't, though, then this is a strange thing indeed...

Oh, and when you say "doesn't read" zipped roms, do you mean that they don't show up (in which case, you simply need to rescan the directory in all liklihood), or it won't open them if you select the game?

Yes, the MrMD supports *.smd and *.bin files.......I'm sure.......but if I load a zipped rom, it tell me "Loading rom......Failed.....etc. etc......unable to uncom"!
What's this phrase?

thx B)

Sounds like you have a crappy SMC.
Try another one. Get one thats 128mb. You can never have too many :)
They're only $22 if you go to www.pricewatch.com

Dr. MD takes zipped .SMDs or .BINs, 1 file per zip. It sounds like its having trouble with the SMC card. Is it an old smc or is it brand new?

Sounds like you have a crappy SMC.
Try another one. Get one thats 128mb. You can never have too many :)
They're only $22 if you go to www.pricewatch.com

$22?? I'm spending £20 on mine. Which means you're buying them for.... um...... errr.... less than me. Any chance you could do a bulk purchase and mail them to us nice folk in the UK who always save your arses in wars??? Aww, go on.....

Last edited by a moderator:
$22?? I'm spending £20 on mine. Which means you're buying them for.... um...... errr.... less than me. Any chance you could do a bulk purchase and mail them to us nice folk in the UK who always save your arses in wars??? Aww, go on.....

That seems a bit daft, just order them from a cheaper supplier in the UK?! Ebuyer is cheaper, cheapest atm looks like the Viking ones which are £12.65 (£14.87 inc VAT).

$ Any chance you could do a bulk purchase and mail them to us nice folk in the UK who always save your arses in wars??? Aww, go on.....

ummm. what country are you referring to in this post? don't want to start anything but if your refering to the US, then you can go to hell. If it wasn't for the US, you'd be speaking German about now.

$ Any chance you could do a bulk purchase and mail them to us nice folk in the UK who always save your arses in wars??? Aww, go on.....

ummm. what country are you referring to in this post? don't want to start anything but if your refering to the US, then you can go to hell. If it wasn't for the US, you'd be speaking German about now.

In any other forum, i would reply to that with a *bollucks*. But I don't know you guys well enough for that yet. ;)

I'm not exactly sure what you think America did to stop the world from speaking German... it was Canada, Scotland, Ireland and the UK that took the toughest positions and took the heaviest losses... ever hear of Vimy Ridge? Get your history right... America held back and waited to see what the rest of the world would do. Not saying America didn't do its part and take heavy losses... they did and I respect them for it but... don't go spouting off about America saving the day back then... US didn't become the current powerhouse they are now till after the 2nd World War...

Ok, now I'll try..........thank you very much to everybody for tips; I'll let you know something.

bye :lol:

Back