Gpbios

reeced

Hooka recently had a problem with being unable to stop the autoboot in GPBios
(http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=10971&hl=gpbios#)
I've had a similar problem - I installed the free GPCinema as boot.fxe in the GPMM directory (I've also got MoviePark and the original GPCinema in the GAME directory). No matter which buttons I pressed, I couldn't get to the original firmware. I added another fxe (Yogg player) to the GPMM directory, and the problem disappeared.
Was the problem because 'boot.fxe' was the only fxe in GPMM ?
Anyone any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator:
how many files did you have in you gp/ gpmm and gp/gpmm/ folders that start with boot

Sorry, I don't understand - why should I select PClink ? - does that change something ?

he means, boot up your GP WITHOUT SMC inserted, then insert SMC, select PC-Link and transfer another fxe onto your GP. Also i think GPBios uses START to boot up the boot.fxe file, doesnt it? If so, that was a bad idea from Nanoteam, because the European firmware Beta uses start to bypass its autostart (it has an own one)

i think that when a fxe is corrupt, gpbios can not to start and boot and boot again.. because this corrupt fxe must be reset the gp32. it's simple.

Also i think GPBios uses START to boot up the boot.fxe file, doesnt it?
nope- boot.fxe comes up without pushing anything. Boot1.fxe comes up by pushing the start button when turing the gp on, boot2.fxe comes up by pushing select, origional korean by either a or b, darkfaders pclink L and gpdrive is R

Also i think GPBios uses START to boot up the boot.fxe file, doesnt it?
GPBios only uses START to boot up 'boot1.fxe', and SELECT to boot up 'boot2.fxe'.
If there is ONLY a 'boot.fxe' then you don't have to press any button to boot up.
Either way if you press button A or B during boot, then you should get the original firmware.
My problem was that 'boot.fxe' was the ONLY file in GPMM, and the GP32 would not boot to the original firmware when I pressed A or B. As soon as I added another fxe file , using a card writer, then it was OK.

do you read this other and more simple solution ?
he means, boot up your GP WITHOUT SMC inserted, then insert SMC, select PC-Link and transfer another fxe onto your GP

Hello,
I'd suggest making sure to always have atleast two .fxe's in the gpmm directory if you're going to use GPBioS, It's a really good bios but that's it's one downfall! It can't goto the original fw with only one .fxe (doesn't matter what it's titled!) Also, if your going to do as Falken80 suggested I'd suggest attaching your usb cable after you boot up, insert the SMC and goto pc-link if your using Windows XP. I've had a couple problems with using any pc-linker with the gp32 with GPBioS if you have the usb connected when you turn it on (windows connects to it before you start GPDrive or pc-link and can't find the drivers, not sure why though) Might just be me...

I just used a SMC card reader to fix my problem. (I didn't realise the above WinXP problem before and I was trying to do Falken80's suggestion on my Dad's WinXP machine ;P)

Have a good day!

Get Aquafishs Multifrimware 4.8. It isn´t as easy to use as GPBios when it comes to Autoboot, but its still the best FW in my oppinion

Back