GP32 Selfish Request :)

Quiest

I like turtles!
Hey!

Could anyone with some coding experience make me a boot.fxe that runs
any fxe from the gpmm directory specified in an external text file? Like boot.txt only has sdf.fxe in it, the boot.fxe runs the file sdf.fxe in the gpmm directory.

Reason for this is, I`m using Slubmans firmware and it has this boot.fxe feature that gets automatically started. Now, I want to make my 32mb smc automatically start The Minigame Project, but you can`t rename fenix fxe`s, the game just would not start.

And please forgive me, if there is already such a file/program I am requested, please direct me to a download to that file then.

Thanks alot!

Edit:
Oh, and I already tried gpbios (booting into pacrom, pacrom booting mp.fxe) but that`s too slow, and gpbios has no BLU+ compatibility, and every firmware (normal version or blu+ version) I try to boot with it has the white line :(

if i can get my old libs compiling ill knock something up for you to load a file. ill update here when i know.

update - sorry doesnt want to work properly on my newer setup. the libfxe idea should work though, give that a try.

You have the 'code' for TMP, you could change it to be named boot.

I would make it, but all the code for that type of stuff is all old, outdated, and obfuscated, which makes it very hard for a coder with only 1 yr. experience with C.

My own personal firmware does just that so let me have my breakfast and I'll sort you something out.

EDIT: Here you go. Quick and dirty: boot.txt must be in root directory, boot.txt must contain full path to file (e.g. gp:\GPMM\gpkat.fxe) and must have NO newline after it. All these things can be changed with little effort if you want, I've pretty much just yanked it from existing source.

Back