A Cautionary Tale

reeced

I currently have GPBios installed. I decided to "try" the new Euro firmare 1.6.7 (final).
I renamed it to "boot.fxe" in the GPMM directory and switched the GP32 on and ...before I knew it, I was presented with a Korean character screen and was flashing my GP32.
Two minutes later, whilst trying the firmware, the batteries gave up - that was CLOSE !!
Only afterwards did I read in the comments section that this firmware would flash your GP32.
Having got away with it, I must say that , subjectively anyway, this is the fastest firmware I've tried, plus everything appears to run more smoothly.
I'd recommend anyone to flash this firmware- but make sure your batteries are fully charged first!

When it says firmware, whatever it is, i alway investigate before it use it.

I also don't click whn it says "your computer clock may be wrong"

But nonetheless: Lucky you!.. It could have cost you a lot of money.

.fxe is always a program (readable by free launcher)
.gxb is a program binary (readable by programs that can launch gxbs)
.bin is firmware or a Genesis ROM

Just keep in mind these distinctions and you'll be fine. Never load a FXE firmware unless you want to flash.

i had my GP32 for 2 months before i mustered the courage to flash it and it was 10 times easier that i thought.

Also, when I got the new Euro firmaware I realised that it was a fxe and was wondering how I could flash it, but after running it like 4 times I realised that every time I was flashing my GP32. :blink: You can tell that it is the new firmware just by booting it up and watching how fast it runs. :) I think that flashing to the latest firmware really does make a difference in terms of speed for your GP32. gp32_console

Well, I just flashed after reading all the positive comments about this new firmware. There's a huge difference in loading speed from the original Korean firmware, plus I noticed a slight improvement in speed on emulators and such (or is that just me?).

If you are gonna flash useing the .fxe, just hit the A button when prompted and you're finished with the flash when the loading bar disappears and two lines of Korean text come up. I was sitting staring at that screen for a minute or two wondering if it has finished, too scared to turn it off :p

Huxley posted on Jul 30 2004 at 05:07 PM said:
Well, I just flashed after reading all the positive comments about this new firmware. There's a huge difference in loading speed from the original Korean firmware, plus I noticed a slight improvement in speed on emulators and such (or is that just me?).

If you are gonna flash useing the .fxe, just hit the A button when prompted and you're finished with the flash when the loading bar disappears and two lines of Korean text come up. I was sitting staring at that screen for a minute or two wondering if it has finished, too scared to turn it off :p
me also.

i thnk that after flashing, the fxe should selfdestruct afterwards, i was scared that if i didnt delete the fxe after, then someone might run it, get spooked, then switch off my gp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back