Games that you HAD TO finish at some point

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
There are a lot of games that I started to play when I was younger and never finished for a reason or another... but I never forget them...

Yesterday I found out one of those games, an unknown graphic adventure that I got with a magazine in the 1992... at the time my english was very limited, and also I had no internet and no walkthrough...

I stopped my gameplay in front of a door with 5 bells... I knew that it needed some kind of combination, but I failed miserably to find a solution, so at some point I was resigned...

Many years passed and sometimes I searched for solutions online, but found none..

Then, yesterday, I started DOSBOX, launched the game, played until that damn door, examined AGAIN (like in the past) every single things that could have been related, and at some point, I FOUND THAT DAMN COMBINATION !!! (It was soo simple !!) AND FINISHED THE GAME !!! AWESOME... now I feel fulfilled

It was "Wierd Island" (aka Weird Island)

758751-weird-island-dos-screenshot-the-first-person-we-can-speak.png

758749-weird-island-dos-screenshot-after-answering-some-configuration.png

Same story goes for games that I finished with cheats... at some point I HAVE TO replay and finish them without tricks...

This happened with Blood Rayne 1/2... and actually I found it more easier without invunerability and all the weapons o_O

Do you have some games that you were able to finally finish to feel complete ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Luigis Mansion 2.

I ended up getting annoyed with it for some reason + stopped playing it for ages. After a while I forgot that I was annoyed with it, started playing it again, got annoyed with it again but managed to force my self to complete it and had a yay! now I never have to play it again moment while the end credits were rolling.

I've still got to finish:

Cave Story (gp2x) - 95% finished

Banjo Kazooie (N64 on Pandora) - 95% finished

Mercenary (C64) - 95% finished

They're the ones that stick in my mind...

CAVE STORY !!! I hate that super final boss !! :angry:  but maybe one day....

I have been trying bringing myself into finishing Kingdom Hearts lately. The game becomes kind of weird after a while but i really think i should finish it eventually, even though i don't know where it's going anymore.

Also, now that i think about it, i really need to try and put an effort into beating the last boss in Streets of Rage.

Do you have some games that you were able to finally finish to feel complete ?
Way to make me feel like a failure!  :p

There are many games I feel the need to complete from long ago.  One that has been on my mind for 5 years is Street Fighter 2010.  I wanted to complete it by the end of the year it was set in.  I still haven't beaten it.  I think I am a lot worse at it now, too.

Oh, I would also like to complete any of the different Animal Crossing games we have.

Metal Gear on the NES... I was lost at one point, not knowing where to continue...

... I think I am a lot worse at it now ...
I was thinking the same before starting the Streets of Rage serie on the Pandora... but after some trials I made it, the only thing still open is Streets of Rage Remake (so many endings and so many bonus things)...

@Holliefant: I have too to beat FF VII... when they made it for PC I tried the final battle like 7 times, it was soo loooong... then I lost the will... now if I think how long the entire game is I could have kept the save...

I had to force myself to play Pathologic till the end. A very taxing game, but one of the greatest video game experience I've ever had.

For me it was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

For me it's not that great as most people say.

After I started o N64, Pandora and 3DS I finished the 3DS Version 1-2 Years after I got boared shortly before the end.

But finally some Weeks ago I did it :) .

Next one is Final Fantasy 9.

Stopped at Disc 4 since over a year now.

For me it was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.   For me it's not that great as most people say.

Well it was pretty great when it first came out, I finished it within a year of buying it on the n64 on release day, so I guess It kept my interest. I can see breaks over time you would lose interest and other games improved their formula for game play.

Next one is Final Fantasy 9.
Stopped at Disc 4 since over a year now.
Hehe -  Me too! Does that mean I have to hurry to finish before  you? :)
Don't know.

Maybe I'll pick it up tomorrow in the train, maybe not.

Maybe I'll do but get bored after an hour.

What I really dislike about these RPGs are the unavoidable random battles.

(Imagine a Pokemon where every Pokemon is visible and you have to look for it and chase it. Like in Tales of xxxxx. That would be awesome).

I also have Luigi's Mansion 2 to finish as well. That one might win the race :) .

One more I have to:  Pandora's Tower.

Great Game but as I was too lazy to transfer my Data from Wii to Wii U and hat the Wii's controls it's also not likely for m to finish it soon.

Would require get my Wii back in action

And of course all the classics of my Childhood I love(d) so much but were too hard for me.

Banjo Tooie

Donkey Kong 64

(Well I got the Pandora because I saw Super Mario 64 running and was hoping for more N64)

Back